• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I be worried.....

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
Was all ready to go out for a drinky and went outside to put the buns in. As I looked out, I saw Homer in the toilet area and sort of stretch out. He then went to the side of the garden and lay down and got up a couple of times.

I had kale and cabbage and put it in front of him and he turned his nose up! Immediately I rang the emergency vet but while I was on the phone he started eating the veg. There is not a bunny savvy vet on there tonight by the sounds of it.

Homer is due for his dental on Thursday so this is my suspect.

Since my panic at 6.30pm he has eaten kale, some cabbage, pellets and some grass. We have also had poop and wee.

I have also syringed him approx 30ml of warm water with a dash of pinepple in. I have brought him in to keep him warm tonight and he is just sat relaxing now and his breathing appears normal.

Is there anything else I should look out for?

Well you might have a bunny like mine who feigns illness. Last week I rushed him to the vets as he was refusing his food, hiding and not wanting any attention, only for him to become the most lively bunny ever on the vets table! After an examination, he was declared a fully fit bunny and I was charged £25 for the privilege! When returned back to his wife bunny, he resumed the sickly bunny actions (maybe they fell out) and was like it all night, but the next morning was fine! He has done the sick bunny thing a few times now, but normally comes out of it quite quickly, last week he was lying down a lot which he doesn't normally do so I was convinced it was a real illness. Hope yours is a false alarm too.

sounds like you've caught it and sorted it early - I expect he'll be fine now he's eating again - probably a bit of wind in his tum :)

I think it may have been a plan to get in out of the cold!!!

He has eaten more pellets, spinach, carrot and spring cabbage! Lots of poops - actually one was a mass of hair, so this could be suspect that maybe he was in discomfort as it was travelling through:rolleyes:

I hope he will be OK in the morning.

Back