• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

misty has gone

misty moo

Warren Scout
this morning i put misty in the garden to run around in the snow i went to put her back in the run a few hrs later when the kids wehnt home and befor i culd put the lid on the hutch she jumped the whole way down and was running around the garden and wont come back am worrid now she still ant back and its comeing dark i dont no wat to do am so scrd somethig will happen if she dont come back :(:cry:

Sorry, can't quite tell from your post, is she still within the garden or has she got out into the outside world? Either way, hope she returns to you very soon.

You have got to get her back in, is she still running around your garden? Tempt her with treats, get someone to help you. Get a torch

Right well you need to sit and wait until she comes out from behind the shed, then block the hole up so she has no where else to hide behind. Then catch her. Get someone to help you. You cant leave her in the garden unprotected as a fox might get her.

Could you put a carrier to block her exit, then poke her from the other end with a long stick (sweeping brush/ garden cane/etc?). Hopefully she'll run into the carrier and you can shut her in.

You REALLY need to catch her tonight because foxes will be looking for food as soon as it gets dark.

Good luck :thumb:

Amy

Try rattling a tin of treats to coax her out and definatly get someone to help you. Thank god she is still in the garden though. Good luck.

Then I guess that sitting & waiting is the only option..

Edited to add, How big is the burrow? If she hasnt been out long can you not reach in and get her? :?

I would block her so she cant get out, then just grab her- I know you may seem evil, but it is for her own sake1

Block the ends of the shed, and then I'd just get the shed shifted so you can nab her...little minx!
Hope you catch her else you'll have a cold night sitting out!

How big is the burrow? If she hasnt been out long can you not reach in and get her?

when she goes in it i cant see her but i cant get down the back of the shed to get her

I would definitely try the pokey stick/ carrier idea. Nigel got out a little while ago and went down the back of a neighbours shed. I couldn't get him out so I had to do that. If the stick won't move her, try stamping and banging, even (really mean I know) putting the hose down there. She'll be wet but it's better than eaten by a fox or cat (just make sure you dry her!)

Will she not even come out if you shake a bag of food, that will get Charlie tearing up the stairs as fast as he can when he's downstairs up to no good? Have you got anyone helping you to try and catch her? You really need to get her back in her hutch tonight. Can you put a load of tempting food in her hutch and sit out of sight- to get Poppy back in the hutch on a night at her own accord I have to put food in it then go back inside and wait until she's jumped back in then shut it up for the night? Perhaps try some weetabix with a bit of warm water so she can smell it, it's quite strong smelling.

oh no! My piggies did this a few months ago..have you tried taking some yummy food out? that may lure her back in

Back