• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

guilty felings!!

we have jus got 2 rabbits and i have just built a new hutch for them which they have gone into today, we feel guilty that they are jus sat outside in there hutch and we aint spending any time with them even though we do go out every now and again to see them, any suggestions??

Do you know if they were being kept indoors or outdoors where you got them from? It's really important, particularly given the current weather, that if they have been indoors, that they stay indoors now until the weather warms up, as they won't have a nice thick winter coat to cope with the outdoor weather and will need time to acclimatise.

In the longer term, I'd suggest attaching a secure run onto the hutch and putting lots of interesting things in it. Rabbits are very curious creatures and will enjoy running, jumping, digging (you can make a digging box from a windowbox filled with soil), hiding and chewing (use cardboard boxes to make cheap toys and tunnels!) Also lots of hay for them to eat, they need hay all the time and it makes for a great boredom buster too.

My bunnies are all outdoors and I don't feel guilty at all as they have a large run, a companion of their own kind and lots of things to do. They really couldn't care less if I'm there or not as long as they are fed, watered and cleaned!

Last edited:
yeah they were kept outdoors but they use to bring em indoors now and again, i have jus built a new hutch and jus need to build a run now for them and they will be well away then!!

Back