• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how busy have you been over easter .....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Since thursday ive taken in 2 strays, and 2 dwarf lops because the owners are going away wednesday and are not prepared to get anyone to take care of them ive also got 8 bunnies and 6 guineapigs on a waiting list waiting to come in :cry::cry: meanwhile pets at home were selling rabbits on friday like they were going out of fashion :evil: i even heard a member of staff tell a lady that rabbits must have hay everyday otherwise it causes bloat :shock: it makes me so sad that most of tjose bunnies will need new homes by xmas because they were bought on impulse :cry::cry:

Haven't seen a soul all weekend even though the phone was going mad at the beginning of the week.:roll:

Maybe it's the weathers fault and they'll all turn up here next weekend if the weathers improved.:rolleyes::)

I no longer do rabbit rescue, (except Jasmine!) but I do foster doglets..the first wave of Xmas pups are coming in..Have a lovely Viszla sat here, 6 months old.

how busy have you been over easter

Rehoming is at a stand still :cry::cry: its heartbreaking knowing theirs so many bunnies that need help and you cant save them all :cry: We had a little girlie bun come in on friday who had a ball of poo the size of a tennis ball attatched to her :cry: the owner said she was aggressive :? i gave her a bath and cut it all off and now she is the friendliest little bunny and this was all because the owners couldnt be bothered :evil: forever homes are so hard to come by lately :cry::cry:

I've had a cashmere lop come in and she is a gorgeous bun but underneath is just one ball of matted fur, I had no idea where to start, her nails are curling over, her teeth are broken and her bottom is absolutely filthy too - she was found by an HGV driver just loose :evil:

We have a number of rabbits booked to go out .... the one problem is that I am too slow and dont have enough time for pairing them up :oops:

I am off tomorrow and have two pairs coming in tomorrow to start being paired up ... The delectable Dora, daughter of Theo who came from the famous ebay Birmingham Breeder, she has been waiting for almost a year to find her home and a rabbit who is coming in from our waiting list who we have had neutered and who has started his vaccinations whilst in his old home. Hopefully the lady who is coming with her female rabbit will like this young man and we can start bonding them together.

I've had a cashmere lop come in and she is a gorgeous bun but underneath is just one ball of matted fur, I had no idea where to start, her nails are curling over, her teeth are broken and her bottom is absolutely filthy too - she was found by an HGV driver just loose :evil:

If you need any help Chloe just give me a shout, I have dematted and cleaned up a few long haired bunnies

Is there any way to try and get some publicity for the rescues as a whole post-Easter. I wonder if calling in to one of the morning chat shows or something like that, or contacting local radio stations to try to get an on air interview? Try to get the message out about how many buns come into rescues after Easter and how rewarding a rescue bun can be.

That sounds like a really good idea. I called into Pets at Home on Saturday for a few supplies and I couldn't believe there was not one rabbit in there except a giant lop with had a "Not Currently For Sale" sign on it. There were about 50 at the beginning of the week. Unbelievable!

If anyone gets an isabella lop through their rescue I have space for one more bun :)

Back