• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I worry about coat changes?

bumble1

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:........Just wondered if I could pick evryones brains!!??.

Bumble is a lovely Heinz breed......his coat is short grey haired, but he is malting heavily at the moment (you only have to stroke him & there are clouds of loose hair), & where he is light grey he has started to get a few darl patches in circle shapes...??? He seems well & happy in himself. He lives outside & has time in his run.....although he definitley enjoys the daily house roaming instead.

Should I be worried about the excess loose hair - any suggestions of reasons why - or is this completely normal?

Look forward to hearing any advice - Claire & Bumble xxx

Given it's spring he will just be moulting his winter coat. Also how old is he, if he's still young then he may be loosing his baby coat. Mine are starting to loose theirs at the moment.
As long as there aren't any bald patches appearing I wouldnt worry. Reular grooming will help to catch loose hairs before they fly off themselves and stick to your clothes.

How old is he?
At this time of year they shed heavily anyway, thats normal. If he's around 6 months ish then he may be losing his juvenile fur and getting his adult fur. This is normal and he may end up with a saddle shape of darker fur on his back as it grows, but this evens itself up later.
:)

Ah thanks guys - feel a bit more relaxed about it now. We got in at 8wks in Sept so hes just over 9 months now. Must start the regular grooming so that I am not the magnet for his very fluffy fluff!!

His dark cirlcles are on his sholders & he has a patch on his nose.........he almost looks like a silverback gorilla :lol::lol: in the sun, soooo shiny & then a dull colour on his older coat at the base of his back

Back