• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Kind of rabbit do I have

drawkward

New Kit
I bought him from a crabby old lady on the subway In Seoul Korea. Its not like the rabbits I see back home in Canada. He is very soft and has a mane. It somtimes looks like he has big old beard. I really dont know too much about rabbits as he is my frist but he is a lot of fun and very affectionate and playful. from the pictures can anyone identify what kind he is?

f2.JPG

f.JPG

have you got them on photobucket or similar? if so then you can do a link for us to see or embed them in the post

Hi, another newbie here! If he is soft and has a mane he could be a lionhead perhaps. If you google lionhead rabbits you may see one similar to yours!

i have no idea what he is... i dont think they have a breed called too cute. but thats what he should be :love: :love: :love:

Looks like a lionhead to me - fluffy round back of neck and face, and fluffy around the back legs and back end. There is huge variety in the 'hairstyles' of lionheads so it's difficult to specify exactly what they should look like, but I'd say that's definitely what he is.

thanks after looking it up more i found one that looks almost exactly the same. he has a big mane but its hard to see in the photos. is there anything i should know about their personality's or character? are there any common traits that will make my experience with him better?

Found this on a website:

Lionheads can have many personalities. Most of mine are very nosey, smart for a rabbit and will remember being or not being treated well. A shy one may take a while to warm up to you but when they do it will be forever unless you do something to break their trust. Most will learn to come to you if you give them time. I wouldn't force the the issue. You can't make a rabbit like you but if your Lionhead thinks you belong to them it's a done deal.
Lionheads can live about the same lifespan as a cat if kept in doors and spade. A Lionhead used for breeding usually has a shorter lifespan. A friend of mine has a 5 year old Lionhead buck that she uses for breeding and he looks as good as a much younger buck and still produces babies. I've heard of some being 8 & 9 years old. It is mostly due to care and correct feeding. Lionheads as a whole are very sturdy rabbits. I have had next to non get sick. They're biggest problem is getting wool block from grooming so much. Lionheads are good groomers and they ingest fur and wool and sometimes this can cause wool block. Giving grass hay or timothy hay daily is important to their health. There is alot of rabbit care info on the net the only difference with Lionheads they tend not to be able to have alot of fruits or greens without causing a problem. Lionheads under 4 months shouldn't have any greens or fruits and when you do try to give them something later on just little bits till you see if they can tolerate it. I usually give nursing does extras but still watch what I give them.

Lionheads are a nice breed and make good pets the majority of the time. There are a very few that have grumpy attitudes. I don't have any of those type but have heard several people comment on the grumpy attitudes and most times it is hormonal and can be corrected with neutering or spaying.

He's adorable and looks like my pair, and they are lionheads. My lionheads are lovely, one is bolder than the other, the other being a little shy.

Back