• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What snacks do your buns go crazy for?

applebed

Alpha Buck
...and what is actually in Burgess Apple Snacks, they say they are coated with "natural anti-oxidants and herbs" but I swear that they are made of crack!

product_thumb.php
images
_39435472_crack203.jpg
?

I got them free with an order...

I mean he also likes a bit of fresh grass, broccoli, coriander, and occasional raspberry or blackberry but to nowhere near this extent! I give him a tiny amount and for the next half hour he is harrassing me! What annoys me is that he prefers it to things I've lovingly homegrown, grr.

"Protein 4.4%; Oil 1.7%; Fibre 8%; Ash 3.5%"

I'm guessing with this composition that they are 82% sugar, am I right? :shock:

I don't feed mine any processed snacks, but Floss & Bournville go mad for apple and carrot. Nia will eat anything and Tim will have whatever she's eating!!

I saw your vid of Tim and Nia eating, my O/H looked a bit worried that I was watching some random buns eating grass for two minutes!

Hopefully a 60g bag fed in tiny quantities won't do Thor too much harm. It seems to have helped him enjoy grooming time more anyway :) I wonder if I can make them myself by drying out some apple in the oven? (fresh seems to mess with his tummy)

Boredom Breakers Herbs Plus, it is just full of yummies, bun goes wild for it. he falls over his own feet in excitement!

Everyone apart from Sophie loves banana & the papaya tablets. I was just giving Pig & Eeyore one each & Piglet climbed up my front! :lol: Soph loves apple & carrot :D

Carrot roll! Go mad for a new one of those

Tray of grass, agan its binky time. Eve likes sweet things, like a little bit of banana. Scruffy seems to have more savoury tastes though is a fiend for carrot.

Both adore the dried blackberry and strawberry leaves.

My 2 love those apple snacks as well and i buy banana chips from the health food shop which they go mad for oh and any of aunt sallys things on the pampered piggies website :D

Bread. :roll:
Only tiny squares of it... and really, the three girl bunnies love food, any food... My one boy bunny, Barney, was here first for a whole year and so remains convinced he ought to have special treatment. When it's cold some mornings, we cut a small square off the corner of a slice of whole meal, toast it and give it to him when it's still a bit warmish. He almost falls out of his hutch in his enthusiasm. 'Course, the three girl bunnies get some too. ^^

Hazel-bunny likes green apples... Well, she likes any apple but the time I was eating a green one she was clambering all over me trying to snatch it before it could reach my mouth.

Fresh banana is the ultimate treat my bunnies go mad for - but they only get a small piece at a time!

Yep its actually quite scary how mad mine go, i cant eat a banana in the same room as them without being mugged by 2 fluffy bunnies!!

I give them treats from the natural range, they love the treat basket they do with the dried corn on the cob and bigs of barley ect :D

all of mine are barley ring fanatics - they go mad for them - they have them and a weetabix as treats at the weekends and go mad for both. x

I'm a really mean bunny mummy - boring healthy food only and no fruit :lol: ah well - they don't miss what they've never had, and they'll jump through hoops for a slice of carrot or a couple of extra SS pellets :D

anything fruit they go crazy for.. pellets causes chaos as the run in circles with excitement and ste gives them tiny pieces of pizza crust so they come out to say hello to him everytime he comes in from work, alvins little nose goes crazy :evil:

All of mine go crazy for the papya tablets :) They dont get any other snacks like that other than their pellets and they like them too x

Back