• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mirrors

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
do you think rabbits have any comprehension of mirrors? On seeing its reflection, would one think it had seen another rabbit, or recognise itself, or just view it as another inanimate object?

when my bun first saw himself, he got such a fright, and then he was intrigued for a bit.

He loses interest quickly thought because i think he realises it's not another rabbit, as it doesn't have a scent. They base a lot of their interactions on that.]

my first house bun used to join her feline family in admiring herself in the mirror..and also seeking the rabbit who lived behind it:lol::lol:

we have glass patio doors leading to our porch and ever since we had bertie free range..he sits and looks at his reflection....that huge white rabbit that lives in the porch..hes fasicnated by it...goes looking for it....he is after all a tiny nethie..hes scared this giant might get him......

ehem..sadly berties wrong..hes not a nethie..just a very soppy rew frenchie:lol::lol:

no ones had the heart to tell him yet tho:lol:

I am not sure whether they recognise themself of just think it's another bun. Both of my housebuns love my floorstanding mirror and sit and stare. Then they're off along the front presumably to inspect the other rabbit but who knows.

Ta everyone that was interesting - I don't have a floor level mirror myself so can't experiment!

the things we two foots invent to confuse the bunnies :rolleyes:

Back