• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Corex in cages?

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Corex (the stuff For Sale signs are made of)is often used to make cage bottoms for guinea pigs, but I wondered if anyone has used it for rabbits? I'm guessing they would chew it. Anyone tried it for lining a cage?

Joe got it from a sign-making shop in Sandbach. Any sign-makings shops will sell it - they call it corregated plastic sheeting.

I have some new cages arriving tomorrow morning from Ryedale at just before 6 am :shock: I am planning to varnish the bottoms and then to cover them with correx to help preserve the bottoms of them. Admittingly they are for piggies to live in and not rabbits. I would guess if you can tape using gaffer tape the tops of the correx to the walls they should not be able to be nibbled.

you can get thos slidey things that go on the edge of files to stop them chewing it :D

(i'll try and find a link to them)

you can get thos slidey things that go on the edge of files to stop them chewing it :D

(i'll try and find a link to them)

Doh, I'm so silly, I have a load of those, and never thought of using them to protect certain things I don't want Deej to chew!

Thanks for the great idea. :thumb:

I am on the hunt for this stuff at the min, went round the DIY places today and no one had any so will have to check the sign makers on tuesday.

Back