• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dodson and Horrel Just Grass

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Is anyone having problems getting hold of this? I had a big bale of it from a local petstore before but i went in last week and they didnt have any, went in today and still none.. asked someone and they said there is a shortage and they are having problems getting any in :shock: I tried another place too and they didnt have any in either :? any alternatives i can hunt for? my lot love this stuff :roll::?

Tis the wet weather we've had this year. The grasses rot in the ground before they can harvest and dry it. :( Mould spores also flourish making it unsafe to sell. Loads of crops are being affected including veggies. Tis poo. :( Stupid global warming, stupid George Bush. :(

I managed to get a bale of this today and they also had ReadiGrass in stock :? I just guess I was lucky :S

If you are stuck, and don't have many furries, Excel do Excel hay, and friendly grass (or something like that) also do a small bag of hay.

my lot wont eat excel forage :? I can get small bags of friendship estates i think its called dried grass but it wont last me very long.. will just keep us going til i can get a big bale again :? Has anyone used graze-on?

my lot wont eat excel forage :? I can get small bags of friendship estates i think its called dried grass but it wont last me very long.. will just keep us going til i can get a big bale again :? Has anyone used graze-on?

i have a bale of graze-on - my buns don't like it, but you are welcome to it, if you are passing this way.

Amanda x

oh right.. i wont bother with that then.
They will have to make do with small bags of Friendly Grass i guess.
I emailed Dodson and Horrell and they said that their Just Grass is currently unavailable.. mainly due to the rubbish weather we've had recently. :cry:

Yes the horrid weather, it's cause such problems feeding all herbivores!!! I know some people have had probelms getting hay for their horses (and they eat a lot!!!)

Lets all hope for a good sunny summer this year!!!

xx

I get mine straight from D+H place near Kettering someewhere. Cant say Ive seen it anywhere else tbh.

Other than they've changed the packaging and it seems more compacted at the moment I'm not having any problems with this product or getting hold of it.

We get loads of the stuff and sell to horsey people and not had any problem getting it from our supplier to date. Dodson and Horrel, Friendship Estates and Spillers with no problem yet (famous last words probably):lol:

We get loads of the stuff and sell to horsey people and not had any problem getting it from our supplier to date. Dodson and Horrel, Friendship Estates and Spillers with no problem yet (famous last words probably):lol:

Why can I not find any just grass or readigrass on your site? am i doing something wrong, i typed both in and looked under horses etc..

Thanks

Back