• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy bunsters

KateB

Mama Doe
Our Dill & Willow had a big big fall out on Thursday night - in the whirling ball of fur kind of a way, with chunks of fur flying off in all directions :shock::cry::shock:. No idea what set them off.

So - we put the run (6' x 4') in the kitchen, and split it into two 3'x4' sections with the spare mesh, staples & some grumping from o/h, which they have lived in from then til earlier today, being swapped over every few hours.

We've put them together again this morning in our small indoor pen, and things seem to be going okay:? but I'm not sure what we do now......

It seems like Willow is SO scared of Dill that even if Dill (the dominant) is passing close by without any hint of aggression, Willow thumps and runs off, so then Dill sometimes chases but usually not. How do we help Willow be less scared?

(oh, and I'd quite like my kitchen back as it's almost entirely full of rabbit run & we can't open the cupboards!)

oooh - excitement - Willow plucked up some courage and just licked Dill's nose! Yay! :D
Then again, it might just have been to get to the water bottle......

Charlie and Tia are always having spats, some quite bad too. It's quite worrying. I let them sort if out on their own. They are usually fine after a couple of hours - food and treats together seem to help.
Hope Dillow and Willow will be friends again soon. :D

phew

the boys seem to have got over their spat - finally. They're not really snuggle buns yet but they seem happy enough to share space & food etc.:D

Thanks to Honeybunny for excellent advice on thursday - much appreciated.:wave:

Back