• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid weather making cleaning buns impossible

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Argh :censored:

Every time I try to clean out the buns everything get blown across the garden. :shock:

Anybody else having the same problem?

So windy yesterday the washing line came down, the fence is falling down and there is hay every where! It has been raining so much the garden is like a swamp!

Stupid weather making everything difficult! Popped down to asda to get the shopping and nearly got blown over and struggled with the bags in the wind plus it blew my hood up over my head and i was blinded! Must have looked a right muppet!

Stupid weather making everything difficult! Popped down to asda to get the shopping and nearly got blown over and struggled with the bags in the wind plus it blew my hood up over my head and i was blinded! Must have looked a right muppet!

:lol::lol: Sorry, but it made me laugh:oops:

im being lazy and doing it tomorrow! I cleaned out the litter/bedroom area and then legged it back in:oops::oops: but it is awful here! and their main hutch isnt messy anyway!

Im lucky they don't poop inside their hutch so it can go a bit longer, but I still end up with hay and straw tangled in the fibres of my cardigan and in my hair! :lol:
I've had to wedge one of my art canvases across the front of the door as protection from the hail and snow :)shock:??) as everything else just blew away or made a flapping noise that scared them. I hate this wind!!!!

cleaning bunnies bottom!!

Every time I try to clean out the buns everything get blown across the garden. :shock:

Hi Yes my rabbits have a big tarpaulin over their hutches, the wind gets underneath and the whole lot blew away this morning, i have put loads more bricks on it. 2 of my rabbits are out now, and Marble loves hiding under the tarpaulin.
One of my lionheads (Linny) always has a dirty bottom, every few weeks i bring her in and dip her rear end into slightly disenfected warm water and trim around the area, but a couple of weeks later it happens again. HAS ANYONE ANY OTHER IDEAS. Her droppings are nicely formed but soft, i feed her hay and she goes out in the garden, then at night she has some rabbit protein, apart from this problem she is very lively and healthy

Hi Yes my rabbits have a big tarpaulin over their hutches, the wind gets underneath and the whole lot blew away this morning, i have put loads more bricks on it. 2 of my rabbits are out now, and Marble loves hiding under the tarpaulin.
One of my lionheads (Linny) always has a dirty bottom, every few weeks i bring her in and dip her rear end into slightly disenfected warm water and trim around the area, but a couple of weeks later it happens again. HAS ANYONE ANY OTHER IDEAS. Her droppings are nicely formed but soft, i feed her hay and she goes out in the garden, then at night she has some rabbit protein, apart from this problem she is very lively and healthy

What is Rabbit protein?

YES I AM :rolleyes:

Have finally finished, thought it would be a good idea to put the black bag in the shed whilst i was putting the hutch back together. Dolly decided to pull it all out so then i had to clean the shed too! She wasn't even supposed to be in that shed (No bunnies allowed!)

Last week she chewed the bags and all the bunnie food and dog biscuits got mixed up!

My hands are freezing!

Hi i feed her hay and she goes out in the garden, then at night she has some rabbit protein, apart from this problem she is very lively and healthy

I would advise to drop the 'rabbit protein' and stick to just hay until things improve. - Don't quite know what 'rabbit protein' is, but it is prob giving your bun a too high protein diet.

On the weather front, my two buns have put in a request for a transfer....
To a warmer country.
:roll:
It is currently snowing/sleeting/raining/very windy/very cold, and we are all
b**** fed up with it.

If you can get someone to help you, use a wheelie bin liner and open it out over the front of the hutch, then you can just scoop it all in without getting covered. Failing that we use a garden vac to suck it all out (buns removed first of course):D

This awful weather makes me very glad I have house bunnies. I don't envy anyone having to battle in this weather.

Next door's garden is next to a pub car park and the 10 ft+ wall fell into next door's garden yesterday :shock: Just glad my guinea pig shed is too far to have been affected - there are bricks everywhere :shock:

Yep just put them all to bed about half hour ago and its snowing and windy :shock: It was nice to see all of the outdoor ones snuggling in deep beds of straw (ive got 5 staying with me so its rabbit city!)

Back