• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sad news - Sugar has passed away

J

JoBananas

Sugar, my little polish bunny became poorly very suddenly last week. I took her to the vets, she was barely able to keep her eyes open and was very lethargic.

He said that it was probably meningitis and since she was so tiny he gave her a 1% chance because she was so ill. It was a complete shock how she became so ill so quickly and there was nothing that I could do - I just felt useless.

I had to make an awful decision and have her put to sleep - it was one of the most upsetting days ever, I cried all of the way home.

Now poor Sweep is on his own again, he is so adorable and cuddly but he must be so confused as to where she has gone.

We only adopted her late last year from the RSPCA, poor little angel.

Vibes for Sweep please.

aww thats so sad :( i love little Polish buns but your vet shouldnt have judged her survival rate on her size :?

im so sorry

Binky free Sugar xxx

Thank you all for your kind messages - I will pass them on to Sweep.

The vet did give us the Panacur just in case and he is taking his medicine like a really good boy.

I just feel so sorry for him sitting on his own in the wind :(

He is have plenty of cuddles from all of us though but I know it is not the same.

Do you think he and you could be helped by a new bunny friend? :) I know no rabbit will replace Sugar but if you were always planning on having two ...:)

I need to think about it carefully. I'm sure he would love some company! I do have another 2 rabbits. Originally Sweep was paired with Sooty, but they decided after quite a rocky relationship that they did not want to be friends any more :(

Hence getting 2 girls from the RSPCA, both of which settled in like a dream with their respective hus-buns! (other than Sugar being very nervy - not of Sweep though)

Now I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm on a roller-coaster ride!

As well as the 3 buns we also have 2 guinea pigs!

Never a dull moment!

:cry: thats so sad....i really am sorry....

i know grieving buns are soul wrenching to be with....i dont think Bif has ever got over losing her little husbun oscar who died over a year and a half ago...

it depends on how he manages his pining......take it from him and if he really sinks.go take him wifey looking..itll make him sit up again.

xx

having just lost a beloved bun recently myself...my heart felt apologies go to you....its soooo sad when they pass on:cry:
no suffering for your sweet sugar:(

Back