• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does Baytrill.........

Kim_w

Mama Doe
Make rabbits loose there appitites when they are taking it?

Bailey has always loved her food and eaten quite a lot, when she was on baytrill last week she lost her appitite and wasnt eating much, she wont have been feeling 100% anyway because she was recovering from urine scald but now her course of baytrill has finished she is eating LOADS!!!
X

It doesn't seem to affect any of my bunsters in that way, though they tend to have softer droppings while on it. Perhaps the appetite loss is due more to the condition that she's on Baytril for..

Baytril can cause some Buns to loose their appetite. It usually happens after 3-4 days on treatment but gradually resolves. I am glad your Rabbit is feeling better :) Do you know why she had Urine scald?

Janex

I am still waiting for blood test results for her. When I got her from the rescue home they said she had suffered from it before, that is why she is on a diet of lettuce and cucumber, hay and dried grass. They said that her diet was the only way they managed to control it, between the staff at thr rescue and there vet they tried everything!! x

Back