• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Mini Lops...

Rachyy

New Kit
Hi all for those who know.
I got the mini lops as they were on there own an when she tried putting mum back in she attacked them.
They are 6weeks and seem abit thin. One of them looks like it has a runny nose. But i'm going to get them down to the vets tmoz. They have been away from there for 2weeks already and she thinks she'll be having another litter soon so i told her they should stay with mum til 8weeks. She didn't know that.
Any advice on how to look after these two would be grateful.
Thanks
Rach x

oh poor mum having two litters close together! Poor babies too :(:(
i dont have any advice im afraid, but i hope with some vet advice etc they can be made strong and healthy x

Just give them loads of hay and plenty of pellets too, the ones for junoir buns is best. I give my babies greens too which they have has since very small as mum has greens everyday. So up to you if you try a few greens, just tiny amounts to start with. My baby buns are 6 weeks on tuesday!

If the dad was still in with the mum when she gave birth, that'll be how come she's having 2 litters so close together - did she know to remove him? Poor babies :cry: Hope they will be OK but they've not had a good start in life :(

She took the babies inside at 4weeks. And mum went back outside with the dad. They seem to be alert enough and havn't stopped munching yet hehe. Just worried about the little grey one with the runny nose.

I wastold they are mini lops. she wouldn't let me see mum and dad but they don't have floppy ears. I'll put a pic up if someonelets me know how hehe.
Thanks x

If she wouldn't let you see mum and dad then I suspect they're not minilops but she knows that's a fashionable breed at the mo - she seems to be so ignorant of rabbit breeding she's probably just bred some mongrels, but they are all beautiful if you ask me :) Such a shame she isn't looking after them properly though :cry:

Back