• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hungry or greedy!

Olibobs

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

My boys have a P@H manger full of hay in the morning, another one at night, a bowl of pellets and fresh fruit or veg every other day............

When I go to feed them they are eating the food before it even lands, and they never have any waste.

Am I feeding them enough? Are they still hungry or just cheeky boys who are greedy buns? :?

they need their own body size in hay every day, preferably twice a day, so if they're eating most of their hay try giving them a pile on the floor or in a litter tray too - They would always prefer to eat their own body size in pellets though :lol:

Yep, they should have a constant supply of hay but they'll still tell you they're starved :lol:

Ours are like that, they dive on any new food items we put in, even if it justs topping up the Hay Pile....:D

Buns are just motivated by food :lol: I drown my lot in hay and am frugal with pellets so they hate me and do go crazy for non hay food when its given.

Mine get pellets and veg twice a day and hay three times a day, and they still act as if I'm starving them! Everytime the pellets bowl goes in they nearly trample me to get at it :lol:

When my bunnies empty their pellet bowl, they toss it off their hutch or tip it upside down in a strop. Anyone else's buns do this?

Yes lol, once she tipped up up when it had pellets in because I'd put dried herbs on top of them. It trapped all the pellets inside... Very funny!

Yes, when my bunnies have finished their pellets the food bowl is thrown own the wee ladder/ramp in disgust to the lower section of the hutch and then buried in the shavings! Before every feed time I play 'hunt the food bowl'

I had to stop giving Edgar a food bowl completely because he kept chucking it, and being an English lop he could throw it a good distance. I decided enough was enough when he threw his ceramic bowl and hit me on the head one night while I was sleeping.:censored: He now gets his pellets spread out on his mat, they last him a little longer that way too.

great - thanks guys. I think I knew I was feeding them enough, I just needed to make sure.

I forgot to mention, they do have a litter tray with hay in when they come out to play, so they have access to hay all the time too.

I play the hunt the bowl game too - so much fun ;)

Thanks again.

Lisa

sumtimes i watch mine after ive fed them Jelly eats her slowly and normal, peanut wolfs it down like he starving, then when hes gobbled it all up he picks th ebowl up in his mouth n bangs it on the floor :shock: several times!

"give me more mum"

I had to get progressivly bigger and heavier bowls as Nigel grew because of that habit. Now he can't pick up his ceramic bowl he puts one paw in and drags it across the hallway into the living room, where it eventually turns over from the friction on the carpet. Sometimes he makes it all the way under the dining table with it before it tips, then he'll pick through the mess at leisure.:roll: Sometimes he traps the food inside it though, so starts digging at it like mad to get it back over again! :lol:

Back