• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma Advice please

lynseybrown

Warren Scout
:wave:
I work at a garden centre that sells pets (i dont agree with it)
today there was a delivery of bunnies one of which is the spitting image of my nethie daisy anyway my problem is that this bunny has a half formed foot on its back leg and its not really applying any pressure to it, its almost like its sitting with it just hovering off the ground.
One of the members staff has decided to have her so she doesnt get sent back:cry: but im just worried whats going to happen if she doesnt get seen by a vet soon. shes the sweetest of little things and when i had a cuddle she just snuggled into my neck. :cry:
If i had my way i would of taken her there and then and taken to my vet on the way home. im hoping that the other person decides not to have her.
So can bunnies cope with 3 legs cause this leg doesnt look good its got fur all over it but its got no nails its just like half of it is missing and it sort of turns into the middle if you know what i mean. Im just asking for advice really as to what i shud do
I value you opinions

There are a couple of members on here that have three-legged buns. One has just had an amputation and is recovering well http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=121220

Perhaps you can talk to your colleague about the little bun, be honest and explain ow much you want to give her a great home. Does she have other buns? You could say that you are looking for a friend for yours and if she doesn't have any he might be lonely.

Good Luck :wave:

yeah shes already got buns, and they are well looked after vaccinated etc, but this little sweetie really pulled at my heart strings, dont think it helped giving her a cuddle but im a sucker when it comes to animals id have them all if i could

I agree, talk to her about it. You may find that she is taking her on because she feels that if she doesn't, she'll end up somewhere horrid, and would be OK with someone else having her.

However, you may find that she wants this rabbit just as much as you do. If she does and is willing to look after her properly and give her the appropriate vet care, then I can't really see how you can quibble with that (even though I know that we all fall in love with animals that we want to take home ourselves sometimes).

Good luck in whatever happens, at least that little bunny has two people trying to give her a better life, many rabbits don't even get that.

Back