• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mars animal testing

raine

Warren Veteran
Because of the Huntingdon lab coming to my knowledge, I have been looking at Petas website. Im horrified that Mars are paying for animal experiments to determine the effects of chocolate. This is disgraceful as we are promoting buying chocolate instead of a bunnies. I have purchased chocolate easter eggs by this company and now I find this out:roll:

Mars UK produces Bounty, Galaxy, Celebrations, M&M's, Mars, Snickers, Twix, Topic, Milky Way, Tracker, Revels, Starburst and Skittles as well as Tunes and Lockets.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/marsuk07

Can you send the email to the CEO of Mars on the above link?

Last edited:
Done!

I had no idea but will be telling everyone and will not be buying any more of their products thats for sure.

Thanks for letting us all know.

Helen

it was posted on here a few months ago.. i havent had a twix since and they was my fav.... strange how i dont miss them at all :evil:

I'm just sat her troughing a bar of galaxy - it's put me right off. This is awful. Surely they should be testing it on humans - and we all know the result already. Too much chocolate makes you fat.

Why oh why do we need to test animals to tell us this?

it was posted on here a few months ago.. i havent had a twix since and they was my fav.... strange how i dont miss them at all :evil:

Just in case you want to try a Twix-a-like go to your nearest Lidl as their own brand are just as good. Only problem is that you have to buy a pack of 8 twin packs! Doh....

didn't they recently change their ingredients aswell so they could be suitable for vegetarians?! a bit hypocritical!

Just in case you want to try a Twix-a-like go to your nearest Lidl as their own brand are just as good. Only problem is that you have to buy a pack of 8 twin packs! Doh....

hahahaha wouldnt that be terrible huh

i cant even eat soddin pringles thanx to proctor an gamble bein such evil :censored::censored:

is there a pringle alike sold??? i do miss them

hahahaha wouldnt that be terrible huh

i cant even eat soddin pringles thanx to proctor an gamble bein such evil :censored::censored:

is there a pringle alike sold??? i do miss them

Both Lidl and Aldi have lots of '-alikes' and often they are just as good if not better than the original big brands. Just steer clear of the baked beans though - they're rubbish.

tunes and lockets:shock: looking at the list, most of those are made by Nestle aren't they? which I dont touch anyway, are there any cadbury chocolate bars that are on the list for testing?

I didn't see the thread a couple of months ago, sorry for hijacking your thread Romy (just found it on a search). It won't hurt to run it again, as its Easter and I have bought Easter Eggs by this company as I missed it.

I guess the problem you may have with supermarket's own food, is that they could be getting Mars to make them for them and you will need to clarify this.

Last edited:
I guess the problem you may have with supermarket's own food, is that they could be getting Mars to make them for them and you will need to clarify this.

This is true - I am hoping that as Lidl and Aldi are in the Naturewatch Compassionate Shopping booklet, that it's more likely that their foodstuffs have the same ethical background. Not so sure about Sainsbo's or similar.

mars animal testing.

I have recently developed an allegy to CHOCLATE:shock::cry:so wont be eating any:cry:every cloud has a silver lining so they say:roll:;)
If you check out Animal Aid,s website they sell choclates without cruelty:)

That's terrible and completely unnecessary. Everyone knows the effects of too much chocolate. Signed and forwarded.

This is true - I am hoping that as Lidl and Aldi are in the Naturewatch Compassionate Shopping booklet, that it's more likely that their foodstuffs have the same ethical background. Not so sure about Sainsbo's or similar.

the booklet only lists the household and domestic stuff.. but Aldi is deffo on the tick list so i assume thier own brand food comes from non animal testing sources

lidl has crosses :(

I knew about Mars a long time ago. They are also the makers of pet food such as Pedigree as well as other foods like Dolmio and Uncle Ben's. You just have to check the packet to see if it's made by Mars/Masterfoods.

I use absolutely nothing that's tested on animals :)

I knew about Mars a long time ago. They are also the makers of pet food such as Pedigree as well as other foods like Dolmio and Uncle Ben's. You just have to check the packet to see if it's made by Mars/Masterfoods.

I use absolutely nothing that's tested on animals :)

im getting there, i found that knorr was owned by unilever which shocked me into looking at food labels too :(

Its such a stupid experiment. Im just shocked because its the last thing you expect from a chocolate company and I had no idea, hence I bought their easter eggs

Mars / masterfoods - Pedigree, Whiskas, Kitekat, Catsan, Cesar, Sheba, Trill bird food, Aquarian Fish food and have recently bought out james wellbeloved and Royal Canin (A rumour iv heard, couldnt guarantee it to be true tho!)

Nestle / Purina - Bakers, Beta, Pro Plan, Purina One, Go Cat, Felix, Bonio, Winalot, Gourmet cat food

Proctor and Gamble - Iams, Eukanuba

ones to avoid!

Back