• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi All...x

Rachyy

New Kit
Hi all.
I'm 20 and when i was younger had a rabbit (my mums) think it was a dutch. Then we got guinea pigs now were after getting rabbits again, but we want mini lops. Are these any different from other rabbits? And also are they better off in pairs??
Thanks
Rach. x
:D

Hello :wave:

Welcome to RU :D

Rabbits are very sociable animals and 99% of the time are better in pairs. I have recently adopted my second and it's so lovely to see them snuggled together :love:

A rescue will be able to bond two buns for you or you could choose a gorgeous pair they already have together :D

Many people say that the rabbit's personality doesn't depend on the breed, lots of people disagree. I have a mini lop and he is lovely, but I can't see there are huge personality trait differences between him and his lady friend who is a lionhead cross.

Hope that helps, any other questions you have should go in the care and rabbit chat sections, loads of people will be more than willing to answer your questions :) :wave:

Hello :wave: Welcome to RU.

In general they are definitely better in pairs and really its amazing the difference when you introduce a second bunny. They are happier and you can tell.

There have been threads on here about different breeds with different traits but I guess most of us have rescues many of which are crosses so its hard to tell. I think personalities tend to differ greatly between rabbits rather than breeds but I don't know.

I have two mini-lops who are sisters and I have just bonded them back together after having them spayed. They are totally different personalities. One is so laid-back and relaxed and cuddly and the other is a total nutter! I think she has issues! So I don't think the breed matters at all!

And also yes they are definitaly better in pairs. When my girls were seperated when recovering from their op - they looked so lonely. They have really perked up now they are back together. I would definitely, definitely recommend having a pair of bunnies.

Back