• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Soft Toy Can I Give Him That's Safe?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
I'd really like to get Merlin a soft toy to snuggle up to & mother (he's very soppy :)) but I don't want to give him something that he's going to lick or destroy & then make himself poorly with!

What should I look for? Baby safe quality?
What soft toys do you have that the buns have been fine with?

I have a suggestion for making a "soft toy" for buns (but would like somebody more "bunny savvy" than I to give it a 'green card' before I suggest it to you 100% if somebody would be so kind...) that would cost you next to nothing and can be "re-made" when needed without "popping to the shops". My suggestion (awaiting 'green card' though!!) is this:

I used to keep Hamsters for many years and as such used to use loo paper (that is designed to dissolve in fluid) as nesting material as a result. This is far safer than the nasty fluffy stuff you can buy as Hamsters can chew bedding at will...SO I was thinking:

A bunch of hay/straw wrapped liberally in loo roll to make it soft and snuggly...a GOOD bun "soft toy" maybe? :?

TP;)

I have a suggestion for making a "soft toy" for buns (but would like somebody more "bunny savvy" than I to give it a 'green card' before I suggest it to you 100% if somebody would be so kind...) that would cost you next to nothing and can be "re-made" when needed without "popping to the shops". My suggestion (awaiting 'green card' though!!) is this:

I used to keep Hamsters for many years and as such used to use loo paper (that is designed to dissolve in fluid) as nesting material as a result. This is far safer than the nasty fluffy stuff you can buy as Hamsters can chew bedding at will...SO I was thinking:

A bunch of hay/straw wrapped liberally in loo roll to make it soft and snuggly...a GOOD bun "soft toy" maybe? :?

TP;)

I suspect the rabbits would chew this to bits in no time?
My rabbits love to chew paper.. I haven't really checked what their plushie are made from...most of them are random toys I was given as a child or that I won at fairs. :roll:

Back