• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6ft happy hutches or equivalent - question about hinges

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Got my dad to help me put my hutches up tonight, but we couldnt quite manage to get the roof on, how on earth do the 4 hinges go... i had my theory and my dad had his :shock:, can anyone post a piccie?

Last edited:
We have a 6ft Hutch, but i dont remember 4 hinges on ours. If it was earlier i would have gorn outside and opened it up

haven't got any piccies of the hinges on the roof, but i remember it was the most awkward bit to do cos one person needed to hold it in place while the other put the screws in and it was really heavy. hubby managed to smack me in the head with it :shock::lol:

Mine only had two hinges - one at either end of the back, with the rectangle bit screwed to the underside of the edging frame of the lid, facing so the pointy end of the hinge is towards the back. So then you put the lid on and the pointy bits dangle down the outside back of the hutch, and when you're happy that it's square you screw them in there.

Is it the 6' hutch with under-run?

I got 4 hinges with mine, 2 for the roof and 2 for the lid of the run.

The single 6' hutch I got only came with 2 hinges for the roof.

Just managed to get a photo. Forgot back of the hutch is up against the garage wall. As others had said we only have 2 hinges on the hutch roof.

Long part of hing is actually down the back of the hutch. Forgot to rotate the photo.
2008_0321001.jpg

Hope this helps.

Back