• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Agility / Show Jumping

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Another media enquiries:

Do you and your rabbit do rabbit agility or bunny show jumping?

I'm researching a feature on both of these areas and would be very
interested in hearing from anyone who participates regularly in either
activity with their rabbits.

If you can help, I¹d be very pleased to hear from you! Please email me at
liz.bury@emap.com

Thank you very much indeed for your help,

Kind regards,

Liz

I didn't know of anyone doing this in the UK? Does any one have any contacts?

Tamsin

I have come across sites which imply that it's popular in Sweden, Denmark etc..

It also seems to be taking off in the USA/canada at the mo. Maybe one of our friends acroos the pond might contribute later.

Never heard of "official" clubs or shows in the uk tho

It's very popular here in Norway (or should I say Scandinavia?)
I've tried a few times:D There are also plenty of videos of it on YouTube, search for Kaninhopping and maybe you'll find some of the Norwegian and danish films:D

Slightly off-topic, there is a novel, Like Rabbits by Lynne Bryan, in which rabbit showjumping features. Granddad is training a doe named Lincoln to showjump in his bedroom and dreams of taking her to the championships in Sweden.

Overall, the novel's rather bleak but there probably aren't many others which feature rabbits so prominently.

How would you go about doing that? Like, teaching your rabbit to hop over a fence? :rolleyes::lol: Sounds like fun!

You should see the first time I tried with Sasuke. I placed him in front of the obstacle course and gave him a light nudge, suddenly he zoomed through the whole course:lol: Many rabbits don't even need to be "trained" to jump, they do it automatically. (unless they're like Zakura and play bulldozers:roll:)

Back