PDA

View Full Version : wet legs

XMissySJx
20-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Peanut has strted 2 have wet legs more than normal when he wees...sort of under his tail and down the sides of his legs towards where his hocks are. none of the others have it, he went to the vet 4 a checkup a month ago n they didnt say anything... he has a checkup in 2 weeks when he has his myxi booster...

ive chedk and he dusnt have any urine burns etc like ive heard about...?

any advice woudl be useful! He is quite fluffy

Siona
20-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Could be a few things....

He's quite young isn't he so it's unlikely to be arthritis? A bladder infection could be the cause, but he would probably go outside his tray too.
I have heard that hip dysplasia can cause that too, but not sure.

Sorry to be so vague! :)

Becki xX
20-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Has he been panacured? No other symptoms I guess? Hes not just chilling in his litter tray is he? X

caismeister
20-03-2008, 09:10 PM
possible cystitis one of mine sometimes gets this

XMissySJx
20-03-2008, 09:16 PM
well he isnt acting any different, he doesnt pee outside his litter tray. hes going to to 2 this year, and hes never been panacured

bunny babe
20-03-2008, 09:18 PM
One of mine does this when he is "under the weather", if it continues you should get him checked out.

Do you have any megazorb or similar to soak up any urine he does in case is is sat in it.

Just keep any eye that he does not get urine scald, if he does a weak solution of Hibiscrub may help. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

XMissySJx
20-03-2008, 09:21 PM
its weird cus the other day he was indoors in a pen, n he peed on the floor n still got it:? so its not like hes actually 'getting it' from sitting in the wee

XMissySJx
20-03-2008, 10:28 PM
:cry:ne1 else got any advice?

Hugo's There
20-03-2008, 11:30 PM
E. cuniculi would be one of the first things I would check. Other wise it could be possible that another part of him is hurting so he is holding himself at a slightly diffferent angle, so when he wees it doesn't come out as straight as normal.

I would get him checked over by a vet as they know how manipulate joints etc properly.

XMissySJx
20-03-2008, 11:46 PM
can any1 tell me about E.C?

Becki xX
21-03-2008, 12:58 AM

What do you want to know hon? X

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 02:34 PM
like..i dunno what it is i suppose lol!
i dnt kno anything about it. i checked him today and ther enot so bad, hes legs r yellow fromt he wee n a little bit wet but deffo not urine burns or anything xx

donnamt
21-03-2008, 02:37 PM
awwwww peanut :(

hope you find out whats up with him soon hun xxxxx

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 02:41 PM
hes never been a dirty bun so im quite confused tbh

:(

donnamt
21-03-2008, 02:42 PM
does sound like summat odd.. im sure your vet will clear it up hun what ever is making him do it xxxx

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 02:50 PM
hope so! hes my sqiushy bun! cnt let anything happen 2 mr butter:lol:

ecudc
21-03-2008, 04:31 PM
it will take a little while for dribbling urine to start causing burns so it is good that you noticed early. I'd take him to the vet as he could have a bit of cystitis and i'd also get a 28 day course of panacur online for him & the others who might have contact with his urine just to be on the safe side. It wont harm him even if he doesn't have ec.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Uro_gen_diseases/Differentials/Incontinence.htm

Hugo's There
21-03-2008, 06:22 PM

E. cuniculi is a protazoan parasite that has a corkscrew type attachment that lets it burrow into cells, where they multiply causing the cells to rupture releasing new parasites to enter the next cell etc. This usually occurs in the central nervous system or the kidneys but can also involve the liver. The rupturing cells cause inflamation in the area they are in eg brain, leading to head tilt, spinal cord, back leg paralysis and kidneys leading to incontinence.

As it is a parasite panacur can have good result as it can reduce the e cuniculi but it all depends on how much permanent damage has been done to the affected cells. If inflamation can be reduced then there is a good chance of some recovery.

At least 60% of rabbits who show no symptoms carry e. cuniculi, which is why many people routinely panacur their rabbits. It can be passed from rabbit to rabbit in spores in urine and is also passed from the mum to her fetuses usually entering through the lens in the eyes leading to cataracts.

I hope this is some help.

This doesn't mean to say this is why your bunny is having problems so please don't panic. It is just something to consider when you get him checked out :)

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 06:24 PM
he has a appointment in 2 weeks for his myxi so i will get it checked out then as he gets a health check anyway, and the vet only saw him a month ago and said he was fine, so it must only be recent. if it was really bad iw ould take him straight away but unless it gets worse i will ask about it in 2 weeks.

thanks everyone! x

donnamt
21-03-2008, 06:28 PM
i think it would be a good idea to get some panacur into him hun, just incase it is that nasty EC you can get it online without seeing a vet. if he doesnt have EC it will do nothing to affect him, just like worming a dog really but if he has contracted it early treatment would be safest :)

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 06:35 PM
oh can i buy it online?

if it wont do him any harm ill get some on tuesday :) shud i do jelly too?

shes 100% fine, no wet on her but she does live with him x

Sarah86
21-03-2008, 06:38 PM
oh can i buy it online?

if it wont do him any harm ill get some on tuesday :) shud i do jelly too?

shes 100% fine, no wet on her but she does live with him x

www.vetuk.co.uk it's really cheap from there :D

donnamt
21-03-2008, 06:57 PM
i do both alvin and pearl 6monthly hun..

would be worth doing all your buns as a preventative measure.. especailly as you board too...

sooz buys the liquid stuff but i dont know what its called liquid panacur maybe :oops:, will work out cheaper for your 4 than 4 tubes.. plus if your vet confirms youll need more than just the 9 day supply that comes in a tube

edit - it could just be hes fluffy tho ??? hope its nothing serious xxxx

Becki xX
21-03-2008, 07:29 PM
The 9 day course of panacur is just a preventative, so if he does have EC (which tbh, he might or he might not - no other symptoms i presume?) it wouldnt actually do anything. I'd def. treat them all, probably do a 6 week course for PB & J and then depending on whether or not P & D could've been in contact with the others wee, I'd give those two a 9 day course :)

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 11:17 PM
what r the other symptoms?

donnamt
21-03-2008, 11:21 PM
off the net

clinical signs associated with E.cuniculi infection, these include neurological disease (head tilt, unsteadiness, weakness of the hind legs, neck spasm and urinary incontinence), kidney disease and eye disease (Stiles and others, 1997).

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 11:25 PM
off the net

clinical signs associated with E.cuniculi infection, these include neurological disease (head tilt, unsteadiness, weakness of the hind legs, neck spasm and urinary incontinence), kidney disease and eye disease (Stiles and others, 1997).

:?:? well i wudnt know if he had kidney or eye disease!

but he dusnt have any of those things hes been normal:)

donnamt
21-03-2008, 11:29 PM
:?:? well i wudnt know if he had kidney or eye disease!

but he dusnt have any of those things hes been normal:)

he may just have a bladder infection or summat hun or just needs his fur trimming down?....

it could be any reason thats why we pay vets so much :evil:

Becki xX
21-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Does his sight seem normal? Its not 100% fool proof but have you tried testing his eyes with your finger? Personally, I dont think it sounds like EC to be honest, but of course it could just be that hes showing no other symptoms. Have you actually watched him wee & it go onto his legs? Hmm how odd X

XMissySJx
21-03-2008, 11:31 PM
yeh i saw him do it the other day. his sight is fine, lol he sees me from metres away, as soon as i walk through the garden hes scrapping at the door n banging his bowl knowing its brekkie time!:lol:

Becki xX
22-03-2008, 12:25 AM
yeh i saw him do it the other day. his sight is fine, lol he sees me from metres away, as soon as i walk through the garden hes scrapping at the door n banging his bowl knowing its brekkie time!:lol:

:lol: Deffo recon he will be fine hun ;) X

ecudc
22-03-2008, 01:19 PM
If he is not directing his wee it usually means he is in pain or doesn't know that he is peeing. This usually means either an infection of some kind, some sort of physical trauma or one of the first stages of EC. This was sootys first sign of EC, incontinence followed shortly and he showed no other signs of EC. Either way I would take him to the vets.