• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh here we go......wild babies...oh no need vet ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just aquired 2 wild babies ....dont know what to do with them ...weve hand reared before but these are older than weve had in before ....

they are terrified ....prob about 4 or 5 weeks old .... they were saved from a building site so cant release tthem back where they came from...

Any one with a secure garden where they could roam free and grow up safely :?:?
think they may be too old to adapt to being in a hutch or indoors ....but then again i could be wrong:?

Last edited:
just aquired 2 wild babies ....dont know what to do with them ...weve hand reared before but these are older than weve had in before ....

they are terrified ....prob about 4 or 5 weeks old .... they were saved from a building site so cant release tthem back where they came from...

Any one with a secure garden where they could roam free and grow up safely :?:?
think they may be too old to adapt to being in a hutch or indoors ....but then again i could be wrong:?

Oh I'd love some wild babies but think they'd escape from my folks garden and eat all the plants plus there are foxes. Not sure Piper and Minstrel would be too happy with 2 new additions either and our run at Sean's isn't big enough for wildies.

Hope you can find someone with a nice big garden for them to roam around and be semi wild.

Helen x

I can have a word with my friend Catherine who as got all her buns free range in her garden to see if she will introduce them to all hers.

Oh dear. That time of year again then! Fingers crossed that a great home can be found for them.

I think with time they can be tamed. I've had loads of experience with wild animals and if you go slow they will settle. It's a shame they can't be released, but they won't get accepted into wild colonies now, probably not even their own. They would be killed fairly soon. :(

A large outdoor pen would be good for them, then they would have shelter and not be able to dig out and get in trouble with cats or foxes. Get them myxi vacced asap, because they are probably carrying it unfortunately. :(

I'd love to take them, but my O/H would actually divorce me, it nearly happened last night when I suggested taking in Pashia!

Good luck with them ! :D

Hi,
the first rabbit we ever had was a wild bunny we scraped off the dual carriageway on the way home one night. He was about 2 months old and had a broken front leg and a damaged eye. The vet thought he would just give up and die. However, we had him castrated, vaccinated and got 2 dwarf lop girls to keep him company. We built a 2 tier hutch and built a run on concrete- 14'X6', it was 6 foot high as well. He lived with us until he died aged 9 years old, he wasn't a cuddly rabbit (we didn't handle initially as we thought we might be able to release him) but he never bit and was taken to the vet yearly, got his nails trimmed etc. He was the healthiest, cleverest and most characterful bunny we've ever had. So go for it.:D
Hope the wee one gets on OK at the vets.

Back