• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack is having another op U/D Page 2

buddabun

Warren Veteran
as we speak.
yesterday was the first appointment I could get about her baldness (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=120769) and he says she has overgrown molars. The baldness is due to excessive drooling.

Now the vets who originally performes the incisor removal led me to believe that, providing she survived the op, it was pretty much side effect free, that she'd be able to eat everything she could before provided it was cut up etc and that was the only downside. She has since developed infections in the hole left by her top incisors, she has eaten nothing but pellets since the op and as a result has not had enough roughage. This has caused molar spurs so she is now going under again to have them filed down

I am a loose end. My poor little mite is having to go through yet another GA because of a STUPID decision that I made. I thought I was doing the right thing and reducing the stress for her by having the incisors removed but it has just caused her even more pain and distress.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help prevent this happening again. Besides the fact that these operations put her under an enormous strain, I can't afford to shell out £140 every time she needs her molars filing down. I feel trapped, cheated by the last vets and desperately guilty that my poor little girl is having to go through all this. A spare vibe and some advice would be hugely appreciated.

thanks
X

Oh - poor you & vibes for Jack - hope she feels better soon & is able to tuck into some yummy hay

Lots of vibes for this baby girl. Don't feel guilty babe you did what you thought was right and on the advice of a professional... don't beat yourself up. xxxxxxxxx

Sending loads of vibes for Jack.............
And please don`t beat yourself up, you made the decision on the advise of a professional & have just been extremely unlucky with the post op problems.

Thinking of you too.........

as we speak.
yesterday was the first appointment I could get about her baldness (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=120769) and he says she has overgrown molars. The baldness is due to excessive drooling.

Now the vets who originally performes the incisor removal led me to believe that, providing she survived the op, it was pretty much side effect free, that she'd be able to eat everything she could before provided it was cut up etc and that was the only downside. She has since developed infections in the hole left by her top incisors, she has eaten nothing but pellets since the op and as a result has not had enough roughage. This has caused molar spurs so she is now going under again to have them filed down

I am a loose end. My poor little mite is having to go through yet another GA because of a STUPID decision that I made. I thought I was doing the right thing and reducing the stress for her by having the incisors removed but it has just caused her even more pain and distress.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help prevent this happening again. Besides the fact that these operations put her under an enormous strain, I can't afford to shell out £140 every time she needs her molars filing down. I feel trapped, cheated by the last vets and desperately guilty that my poor little girl is having to go through all this. A spare vibe and some advice would be hugely appreciated.

thanks
X

:no::no::no: Not "stupid" - just understandable.

I'm afraid that I can't offer any advice, but CAN offer lots of "Jack healing" VIBES!!!

TP

thanks guys

she is out of the op. i rang at 2 and they hadn't even done her op. i was left waiting without acknowledgement in the vets for 35 minutes but she seems bright enough. has only eaten the liquid feed stuff and that's only 'cos i syringed it.

they 'didn't know' if she's eaten/pood yet - i thought they weren't supposed to let them go until she had but she seems ok

lets just pray she stays bright and starts eating.

UPDATE

She has just had her first veg since the first op!!!

I tried everything before but she has FINALLY decided to have a nibble and has eaten apple, carrot, raisins (she deserved a treat), green beans, cucmber AND brocolli!!!

YAY! I never thought she'd eat veg again and this has made me SO relieved. My little girl is eating again :D

UPDATE

She has just had her first veg since the first op!!!

I tried everything before but she has FINALLY decided to have a nibble and has eaten apple, carrot, raisins (she deserved a treat), green beans, cucmber AND brocolli!!!

YAY! I never thought she'd eat veg again and this has made me SO relieved. My little girl is eating again :D

Thats good news :D

I'm so pleased Jacks eating you must be so relieved.

All you've tried to do for jack is the right thing and get her the best treatment, you can't feel guilty for that.

Dental problems can be really frustrating as you think you've got it fixed and then another problem shows up and you feel like you're back to square one. It's happened to me plenty of times.

£140 does sound a lot of money just for molar spur removal. Are there any other vets you can get quotes from if you know this might become a regular thing.

One of my buns had molars spurs cut and filed today and it cost me £72.

I'm so pleased Jacks eating you must be so relieved.

All you've tried to do for jack is the right thing and get her the best treatment, you can't feel guilty for that.

Dental problems can be really frustrating as you think you've got it fixed and then another problem shows up and you feel like you're back to square one. It's happened to me plenty of times.

£140 does sound a lot of money just for molar spur removal. Are there any other vets you can get quotes from if you know this might become a regular thing.

One of my buns had molars spurs cut and filed today and it cost me £72.

well the place i went to first was cheaper (incisor removal plus meds was £102) but i dont trust them as they didnt recognise the infection and got me into this mess in the first place (sort of). I will definitely have a look around and get quotes but we are moving soon and the buns are going up to lincoln so it's kind of irrelevent at the mo...

but yes, £140 is a BIG dent in teh budget, especially as i am not working at the mo :(

thanks for all your vibes and wishes guys. i am SO pleased as I never thought she'd eat nice tasty veg again :)

what is highest in fibre, apart from hay that is, anyone know?

Back