• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6x2x2 Hutch on Ebay

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just in case anyone was looking at this hutch on eBay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310032328034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

for not much more, you can get the indentical but brand new hutch from the RSPCA centre at Millbrook, Chobham for £95.00. So I guess my point is that unlesss it goes for about the starting price then I would probably just get a brand new one from the RSPCA centre.

If you thinking about this hutch then I would have to say they aren't bad quality - tongue and groove etc but they aren't that easy to attach a permanent run to ( I have had to either build runs around the whole thing, or put doors in the back panel etc).

I have four of these used in different set ups for my own buns and for fosters and think that they are okay to get started but if I had to 'set up' all over again, then I would probably go for a shed for about the same price.

Just in case anyone was looking at this hutch on eBay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310032328034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

for not much more, you can get the indentical but brand new hutch from the RSPCA centre at Millbrook, Chobham for £95.00. So I guess my point is that unlesss it goes for about the starting price then I would probably just get a brand new one from the RSPCA centre.

If you thinking about this hutch then I would have to say they aren't bad quality - tongue and groove etc but they aren't that easy to attach a permanent run to ( I have had to either build runs around the whole thing, or put doors in the back panel etc).

I have four of these used in different set ups for my own buns and for fosters and think that they are okay to get started but if I had to 'set up' all over again, then I would probably go for a shed for about the same price.

I was given one of these not long ago and it is better than the other 6 footer I currently have they are pretty strong and very heavy. Like most they need bolts applied to the front.

I was given one of these not long ago and it is better than the other 6 footer I currently have they are pretty strong and very heavy. Like most they need bolts applied to the front.

Hi Janice.

Would ARC consider this suitable for a pair of bunnies if it had an attached run?

Reason I ask is that I have now unsuccessfully tried to bond two of my single ex foster bunnies that I am keeping three times and am now thinking of adopting them a friend each from ARC instead of continuing to try them together (have PM'd Donna). Following the last attempt one of the bunnies went into stasis and I think I shouldn't pursue them together.

Hi Janice.

Would ARC consider this suitable for a pair of bunnies if it had an attached run?

Reason I ask is that I have now unsuccessfully tried to bond two of my single ex foster bunnies that I am keeping three times and am now thinking of adopting them a friend each from ARC instead of continuing to try them together (have PM'd Donna). Following the last attempt one of the bunnies went into stasis and I think I shouldn't pursue them together.

I don't see a problem using a hutch like this with a run attatched.

do you want me to try bonding your buns for you. I have Wiggies to do for her ... which hopefully will be in about 2 weeks time. I am happy to try yours or even bond up yours with a partner each. If you are looking for a nice boy, I have Tony here he is a young man who will be ready in the next week or so to visit Christabel. Shh! I havent told him yet ;)

Just to warn you Donna has got computer problems but hopefully will be back on line on Monday.

Sorry folks for hijacking my own thread......

I would love it if you would have time to try and work you magic with my own first but then, yes if they wouldn't have it, I'd be needing a girlybun and husbun for them so that they've both got company.

The girly bun Fudge lost both her sisters over the last few months (still not totally got to the bottom of their problems despite the vet doing necropsy etc). Fudge is an Oxford rescue lop and spends most of her time being terrified, although we do go for days with good handling, she becomes terrified again.

Edison was dumped at the side of the road in a cardboard box. We think he has some arthritis and is probably deaf and possibly poor sighted - he gets spooked very, very easily.

Both sets would be outside buns.

Thanks Janice.

would it be okay for you to PM me when/if it would be convenient for me to come and see you, even if it's to help clean out one day. Then you can check me out and I can talk to you about what I do next.

:D

Sorry folks for hijacking my own thread......

I would love it if you would have time to try and work you magic with my own first but then, yes if they wouldn't have it, I'd be needing a girlybun and husbun for them so that they've both got company.

The girly bun Fudge lost both her sisters over the last few months (still not totally got to the bottom of their problems despite the vet doing necropsy etc). Fudge is an Oxford rescue lop and spends most of her time being terrified, although we do go for days with good handling, she becomes terrified again.

Edison was dumped at the side of the road in a cardboard box. We think he has some arthritis and is probably deaf and possibly poor sighted - he gets spooked very, very easily.

Both sets would be outside buns.

Thanks Janice.

would it be okay for you to PM me when/if it would be convenient for me to come and see you, even if it's to help clean out one day. Then you can check me out and I can talk to you about what I do next.

:D

I will sort out a date if you want to come up to visit and we can go through things with you.

I will try and sort out some dates as possibilities for you, if for any reason I dont get back to you, please chase me!

That's great Janice. Thank you so much.

Had a look at Tony - he's very cute.

Better get on and finish of my attached runs then when it stops raining.

Helen

Back