• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bottle if you have a playhouse???

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
i am hoping to win a playhouse on ebay but i wanted to ask,how do you attatch a water bottle if you have a playhouse?
thanks in advance :D

Hi there, good luck with your auction - I hope it's not the same one I am bidding on!

I wouldn't use a water bottle. I don't think that drinking with their neck bent up is a natural drinking position for a rabbit so I always use bowls anyway. Much easier to use and keep clean.

I do, however use a bottle when boarding bunnies come in to stay if that is what the owners uses and what the bunny is used to. In this case I attach it to the inside of the mesh door (inside the real door). I use the wire thing that comes with the bottle to put the neck of the bottle through to keep it fixed to the mesh and then use a bit of net curtain wire and hooks to fix the fat part of the bottle tightly on the inside of the mesh. In other words there are two sets of wires - the rigid one round the lid/neck and the stretchy bit round the bottle itself - clear as mud I know.

Helen

i just use small pot bowls(so they cant be easily tipped) with water in..both my buns didnt like water bottles and i found they leaked and if they leant aginst it they got wet! both mine were on bottles before coming to me and soon adjusted..u could try it?

I HOPE IT ISNT THE SAME ONE HELEN :cry:

IT IS IN POOLE DORSET,10 MINS DRIVE AWAY,I THINK IT IS A BIT EXPENSIVE TOO,BUT I WILL TRY A BID

GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS XX

I HOPE IT ISNT THE SAME ONE HELEN :cry:

IT IS IN POOLE DORSET,10 MINS DRIVE AWAY,I THINK IT IS A BIT EXPENSIVE TOO,BUT I WILL TRY A BID

GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS XX

Phew - no it's not.....

Bit worried there for a min - I bet all us RU lot are often all bidding against each other. I missed one last week too. The one I am after is in Leatherhead but I have traveled further for a worktop once - all the way to Cambridge!

Good luck with yours too. Fingers crossed. x

I got a little 3' hutch to go in my shed just so that I can attach a waterbottle to it! It also makes a nice hay storage area.

We have a bowl and a bottle, we've got a hole drilled in our shed which the spout goes through and then it's attached with two eyelet screws and one of them spring bottle holders. Can be filled from the outside that way.

All mine now have bowls. they use to have both bottles and bowls but never touched the bottles so now they just have bowls.

Mine have bowls but when I have a paranoid 'are they drinking enough' day in the summer, I attach a bowl to their mesh barrier (to stop them jumping out) just inside the door.

I would use a bowl but if you want a bottle as a reserve eg in case the bowl gets full of hay, the eyelet and wire idea is good - I have done the same thing indoors to attach my bin to a wall to stop sorrel digging in it. ;)

Back