• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cooling racks?!

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
On the GP site someone said they put cooling racks down to stop their long haired piggies getting wet bums....

I am assuming they put bedding on top, i cant see how it works as the bedding will still be wet :?:

Anyone ever done this for a bun or piggie?

It sounds like the equivelent of the wire based cages which are often sold in the states. I would feel for the piggies when they get their feet trapped in them. Cooling racks have holes which are far too big for them to be used in this way.

Think I'll just stick to trimming round their bottoms, certainly the cooling racks I have here for baking have gaps large enough for a piggy's foot to fit through and I'd be worried about injury.

I just bath and trim the hair on my long haired pig regularly to keep him clean.

He seems to like to sit where he wee's so damp hair is a bit unavoidable.

how cruel making little pink piggy feet walk on that :shock: I cut all my long haired pigs hair every 8 weeks - they keep it clean and nice the rest of the time, except for Sabrina who needs a bit more help :roll:

Back