• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant bunnies

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
I already have four bunny rabbits and I love them to death. I am looking into purchasing two giant bunnies in addition to my bunny family. I have a Summer house in the garden and think it would be perfect for them if I set it all up. Does anyone know of any good breeders or centres that deals solely with giant bunnies. I am only at the research stage at the moment as I don't know a lot about them. Can anyone help? Does anyone know about realtionships between giant bunnies and regular size bunnies?!

Hi. I have a continental giant. I think the summerhouse sounds great, what size is it? giants have giant needs, everything needs to be bigger. Bigger toys, bigger litter tray, extra height in runs so they can stretch up. They have wonderful personalities:D We have just bonded Lola with Rory, who whilst big for his breed, he's no giant. They get on great, he's got Spring Fever at the min so is humping her a lot:roll::lol: but the size difference doesn't really cause any problems. He can fit under the sofa and she can't though:lol: If you do some searches of the forum you'll find more personal experiences with giants that may help. Have you thought about searching Rabbit Rehome or your local rabbit rescue for Giants?? Due to their size many end up in rescues because their owner's hadn't expected the space they need.By using a resuce you can also visit and see the buns and check out their personalities. If you are wanting to bond with your other buns they may be able to help you through the first hard days:D
Good Luck:D

We, after losing our beloved french lop, Jessica, are feeling we are about ready to get another house giant bun.
There doesn't seem to be that many in the rescue centres at the moment(fairly local to us anyway), however the pet shops seem full of them I'm sad to say(No prizes as to why) which suggests to me that sadly the rescue centres will be getting more soon once Easter finishes :evil:
A pet shop near us 2 weeks ago had a sign in the window saying " Flemish Giants- £10"
Same sign has changed now, saying just "Flemish Giants for sale inside"- upon entering, there was indeed one adorable Flem left, with a price tag of £60....Guess demand was high:evil::evil::evil:

I have seen them and they look gorgeous. I may arrange to go see them as they are not far from me. Not quite ready yet as I haven't purchased a summer house for them yet! Need to get by bum into gear as it would be nice to have them just before summer.

Back