• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dust free hay has changed!!

karen&poppy

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, haven't posted in about a year so hello again!

The last time i stocked up on dust free hay was ages ago (i bought in bulk) and now i've gone on the website and can see you buy it in packs of two but theres options of stalky or soft and theres the new H1 hay. which is the best for feeding my bun on???

Please help am rather confused!

Karen x

We use the soft and coarse/stalky here - Nearly gave poor Norman a heart attack when we told him we use it as bedding too:lol:
All the hay has a gorgeous aroma to it and the coarse is great for dental buns, makes them chew that bit harder, it is just a bit longer and harder than the soft hay - fantastic stuff both of them though.
The H1 if i remember rightly is what they grow themselves and has Rye Grass and timothy in it - again smells gorgeous.
I love opening our hay storage room of a morning and getting a full whiff of it.

I was confused when I was suddenly offered the choice as well:lol:. I go for the stalky every time as I know that the buns love it and it gives their jaws/teeth an extra workout!!:lol:

I've just ordered five bags of the H1 so I'll let you know what Oscar thinks of it ;)
The last batch that we got just before Christmas, was not as good as usual and two full bags ended up going to the tip yesterday as He wouldn't even munch on it whilst in the loo:lol: so it was false economy :?

this H1 seems dearer, but, if He eats it all then it's money well spent.

Will post again to let you know

Sue.x.

I've got a box of H1 that is going down well, Norman said it is stored slightly different to the normal stuff.

The soft stuff is what I normally buy but am going to get the stalky stuff in future as they seem to prefer it and its obviously better for their teeth.

The timothy hay is new too but is slightly more expensive because it has to come over from America. I think he is going to try and start growing it himself or source it from the UK.

Its all great quality tho, smells lovely and the buns are big fans!

Think I should get commision!!

Helen x

nmine like the soft which is like medow hay. the stalky is like what is says......quite stalky, a bit like over dried timothy. mine prefer the soft but others love the stalky.

I've got a box of H1 that is going down well, Norman said it is stored slightly different to the normal stuff.

The soft stuff is what I normally buy but am going to get the stalky stuff in future as they seem to prefer it and its obviously better for their teeth.

The timothy hay is new too but is slightly more expensive because it has to come over from America. I think he is going to try and start growing it himself or source it from the UK.

Its all great quality tho, smells lovely and the buns are big fans!

Think I should get commision!!

Helen x

I think you should too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why don't you ask him to set up an introduce a friend scheme where you get £10 M&S vouchers like other places :lol::lol:

I think you should too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why don't you ask him to set up an introduce a friend scheme where you get £10 M&S vouchers like other places :lol::lol:

I think I should do but then when I went down before he did give me one box free and then I didn't have the exact money on me and he didn't have any change so let me off a pound!

I get the large bale which is a great price and lasts for ages, unfortunately you don't get the choice of soft or stalky, it's only soft, but my buns and guineas don't seem to mind. :lol:

I get the large bale which is a great price and lasts for ages, unfortunately you don't get the choice of soft or stalky, it's only soft, but my buns and guineas don't seem to mind. :lol:

We get the large bales in both options from Norman. One has a black cable tie the other a white one so you can tell the difference

I just wish I'd tried it sooner, I'm still on the first box of the stuff and we opened it on Mothers Day, I don't use it for bedding but I do top it up daily, they love it (we get stalky)

Back