• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 Female Babies

Hi there :wave:

Im new to the forum and looking for a bit of help. I bought a female rabbit about 2 weeks ago - She is very loveable and has been living on her own with lots of attention. She is now 10 weeks old. I bought another little girl a couple of days ago who is just over 8 weeks old. I am hoping I can bond these and they can live together..
I had them out today and had them both sat on me which was fine-they just sniffed and checked each other out. Then i thought i would try them in the garden together in the run-as soon as they touched the ground my first rabbit Emily went for the new bunny (Alice)
Ill try and bring them both in again tomorrow and start a fresh. But is this a bad sign? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks, Laura

Whenever you bond rabbits it is essential that it is done on totally neutral territory, where neither of these rabbits have been before.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=55913&highlight=bonding gives you a very straightforward guide to bonding.

It is also essential that you get your females neutered as soon as they are old enough.

Depending on where you got your female rabbits from I would also double check them every couple of weeks to ensure that they are really female.

Thankyou - Im going to try them again today. Ill try the bath tub-i think i read that somewhere on here.
They are both from different breeders-I am checking every day to ensure they are actually girls as my last 'girl' ended up to be a boy!

Back