• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My squishy ratty boys

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
When I got home from work they were all cuddled up together sleeping :love:

DSC08773.jpg

DSC08776.jpg

DSC08777.jpg

DSC08783.jpg

The flash made the two of them go a really wierd colour though, they are usually white :lol:

And my special lad Reuben

DSC08729.jpg

DSC08734.jpg

:lol: They are brilliant pets, someone who is scared of small animals was round before and she was really taken with them :) All my boys are really cuddly and get so excited when they see me come in the room, and they will just sit and groom my arms for ages then rest their heads down and go to sleep :lol:

Thats Zeke with his brothers foot in his face at the bottom of the pile :lol:

I don't mean to be rude, but the 1st 3 piccies have made me go 'awwwwwwwww' for the first time ever about rats :oops: :lol:

I'm sure they are very sweet but when I see their tails, it makes me shiver :oops:

I love ratties. I had them as a child. It used to make me laugh that people would come over and fuss over them when they were on my shoulder, and say 'aww, how sweet, it's an unusual hamster' and when I told them it was a rat they would pull away like they had been burned!
Funny that the second before they loved it, but they just go by the name.....
I love their little fingers and whiffly noses :love:

I don't mean to be rude, but the 1st 3 piccies have made me go 'awwwwwwwww' for the first time ever about rats :oops: :lol:

I'm sure they are very sweet but when I see their tails, it makes me shiver :oops:

:lol: I was a bit wierd about their tails when we collected them but after a couple of days I was just like awwww! These three are really sweet to each other, the one on the bottom there Zeke is always hugging his brothers and its so cute :) They are lovely though :D

Yep Reuben still isnt well :cry: We are actually back at the vet next week now with him his breathing is terrible and he is loosing his interest in playing outside the cage a bit :( I had him downstairs last night and he was just sitting there and only showed any interest when I took him back to his cage :shock: :(

Your rats are lovely. I have never had rats, do they make much mess? I have read that wild rats (which we have at the bottom of the garden) wee everywhere, do pet rats?

Your rats are lovely. I have never had rats, do they make much mess? I have read that wild rats (which we have at the bottom of the garden) wee everywhere, do pet rats?

No they dont make any mess really outside their cage, obviously you have to clean the cage but when they are let out for free range time mine are all happy enough to just cuddle up together and watch whats going on or sleep :lol:

I dont think they pee everywhere. I have read you can litter train them but ive not tried it yet as I clean the cages all the time anyways :lol:

I dont think they pee everywhere. I have read you can litter train them but ive not tried it yet as I clean the cages all the time anyways :lol:

Mine are litter trained :D Same principles as litter training buns.

Poor Reuben :(. Myco and myco related infecions have got to be the scourge of rats and rat owners everywhere. I have 5 chronic suffers amongst my lot at present. What meds is Reuben taking ?

Mine are litter trained :D Same principles as litter training buns.

Poor Reuben :(. Myco and myco related infecions have got to be the scourge of rats and rat owners everywhere. I have 5 chronic suffers amongst my lot at present. What meds is Reuben taking ?

Still only Baytril but I have printed off some information that someone on the rat forum sent me and im taking it to the vets with me. Because there are not many rats over here is so hard to find a vet who has had proper experience with them :( Its so horrible listening to him I feel awful that there isnt much I can do. I hope yours are ok x

I do keep meaning to litter train them, think I will start it now actually :D

Thanks for the info. My son wants a hamster but I think rats would make a better pet. Maybe I should catch the garden ones and litter train them! (only joking don't panic!) :lol:

Back