• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed in hutch

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of doing some hutch improvement and was wondering how many people use vetbed in their hutches. I know lots of people with house bunnies use it, but would like to know how it has worked out in peoples hutches.

Also, do you think it would be safe to put vetbed on access ramps in the hutch. I can't decide if it would be truley daft and dangerous or actually quite nice if executed properly. Again any thoughts and ideas please.

Thanks

I know some people on here who cover the whole floor of the hutch with vetbed, which is a good idea, if your rabbit is very clean. I have about 18" strips of vetbed that I put into the bed area to keep them warm during the night. Don't know if it helps, but it keeps my mind at rest.

Both my bunnies have a two tiered hutch each, I only put paper on the floor of the bottom part but upstair I have put down carpet and then vet bed on top. Both my bunnies lie on it but one of my bunnies also likes to throw it about and chew it.

I dont think I would put it on the ramps as they wont be able to grip it.

During the winter I felt bad about the bunnies being outside so they got spoiled. They get a heat pad at night too.

Back