• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad start to the week and its.........

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
only Tuesday:shock:.

Yesterday I took the Ella & Archie in to be neutered who came through ok but we found out Ella was pregnant. I also took Tally one of my giants to be spayed (one of the ones from Wrexham), who I had a bad feeling about and I was right they found tumours, hopefully my vet as got them all.
Then last night I got a call of a friend who said 'Kay, Help', turns out one of her buns had had a tumour behind the eye and it had burst and there was alsorts of yukky gunk and stuff coming out of it, we rushed to the vets and unfortunately had to put him to sleep. Got back from Vets at 9.30pm and had to start feeding my lot when I got to Flopsy & Smudge and found blood in the hutch, checked them both over couldn't see anything (but had a feeling it was Flopsy) they were both not showing any signs illness in anyway and were more bothered about their veg. I had noticed that Flopsy had been losing weight slowly but put it down to her age (nearly 7). This morning went to feed everyone and check on Flopsy & Smudge where there was more blood & Flopsy was lying down so basically I knew who it was and rushed to the vet this morning where she has had to be pts she had UC and it had gone to far and she wouldn't have stood a GA to open her up.

Just can't believe these pass two days and feel like giving up:cry:

(((hugs))) Kay. It seems to be the way when you have animals, I'm either at the vets non-stop for a few weeks or not at all for months. I had an awful time at the beginning of Feb where I was losing one after another (Jasper, two hamsters, guinea pigs). Hang on in there, things will settle down, you do too much for your buns to be giving up on them.

xx

Aww Kay - sending you lots of hugs. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is in your shoes but think of all the "happy endings" you have and all the happy bunnies that you've saved.

My lot send you loads of kisses too....

oh Kay. :-( I'm sorry about Flopsy and all the other bad stuff you've had to deal with the past couple of days. I hope the rest of the week goes much better. I think you do an amazing job!

I'm sorry to hear about this hun.

And I though I was having a bad week. Mines seems normal compared to that. Hope the week picks up for you.

H xx

Hang in there, the world need sgreat bunnie mums like you. Vibes for all the bunnies that haven't been well over the past 2 days.

How upsetting I'm so sorry.

the thing with having bunnies I've found is that one day you are having a really bad time with them and the next day one of them will do something silly that will make you laugh out loud and it all seems worth while again :)

So hang in there I'm sure things will feel better soon

Binky free flopsey

Oh Kay,
Don't give up, you have helped so many and there will always be more who need you. Remember all those you have helped into finding loving forever homes.

It must be heartbreaking to lose bunnies in such a short space of time.

Thinking of you,
Vanessa xx

((((BIG HUG)))) I'm sorry you've had such a terrible week so far, fingers crossed it improves from now on. Take a look around at all the rabbits you ARE helping xx

Kay im so sorry to hear everything that has happened :(
What an awful couple of days for you and the buns :(

Binky free little ones

Thanks guys, I think I am feeling worse because the last month a few of us rescues have gone through so much, there was Myrtle (that it me hard) and then Angies (bunnymadhouse) rescue mission, I don't normally let it get to me (I try and blank it)but it has:cry:.

Back