• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy is a boy!!!!!!

Beckie31

Young Bun
I took Daisy to the vet this morning to be speyed and have been very worried about "her" all day. I just received a call from the vet to inform me that Daisy is actually a boy :(

When we got her we were told it was a girl and she is so furry that we did not notice otherwise. She has not done anything "boy like" either - so its very odd.

The bad thing is, the vet actually opened her up before realising so she has 2 operations to recover from!

She has always been quite nervous, but friendly - will this operation change her much?

We are going to keep calling her Daisy! I think she looks like a girl! -

034.jpg
[/IMG]

032.jpg

Thanks everyone. I am very worried :(
& very embarrassed! :oops:
She is a very loved and spoiled house bunny, so its not like shes never handled! I can't beleive we didn't know!!

I know this sounds silly but didnt the vet check? The vet checks my bennys bits every time he goes!!

U would think he should!! I think because she is so furry he didn't spot his boy bits!! I am not happy about it & I hope she recovers ok from her double operation :(

HE! You keep calling him a she! :lol::lol::lol: Poor Daisy. I hope he recovers well from his op. Maybe a boys name would help you remember he's a boy! ;)

Aw, poor Daisy. We didn't change Molly's name either, though we found out he was a boy when he was still a baby. :lol:

How about a name change to Davey - not too different.

He's a very handsome boy. Hope he's back to normal soon.

x

My nan had a rabbit that was called lucy even thou it turned out to be a little boy. We decided that Lucy was a nickname of lucian.

the gender fairy has been visiting again - we had a visit at christmas when my 2 year old hamster amy decided to develop his penis over night! -- he had even been vet checked about 6 months earlier who said he was a girl.

He is still called Amy - its a bit late to change his name and sadly he wont be around much longer and he does seem to know it so I dont see why you cant have a boy called Daisy

Oh dear, the poor wee soul and poor you. If it was me I'd be picking out a new name like a shot. I love naming bunnies.

Dozey is a good 1 actually! I can't believe the vet got it so wrong either! U would think they would check as a matter of routine!

She is home now and is not very happy :(

Hasn't eaten anything yet

poor boy:shock:

Hope Daisy recovers quickly.

you would have thought that the vet would have had a look first to see if he had any furry plums first wouldnt you?well he will from now on i hope

Back