• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

sasha_108

Warren Scout
Hi, I'm Clare from Leicestershire. I have just purchased an Standard Orange Rex who is now 2 weeks and 2 days old! We don't collect him/her for another 6 weeks but i'm so excited!
I have had rabbits before, and my last rabbit Molly died July 1st 06 aged 8. I decided not to have another rabbit for a while as my children were very young and were taking more and more of my time, and I also knew we would soon be moving and thought it better to wait.
We moved to the new house in November last year and now have a huge yard, huge outbuilding and a massive garden!

I already feel bad though as I just didn't think about rescue rabbits at the time, and wish I had gone down that route now.

Got to figure out how to upload photos now

Clare

:wave:
Hello and Welcome.
I have been a member three years and still don,t have a clue how to post pics:lol::lol:

Hello :wave: welcome to RU.

Bet you can't wait to get your little baby! You could get a rescue to bond with your baby rex? anyway. I'm sure you'll have enough to think about when you get the baby home, :D

Hello and welcome!

You will soon see all the rescue buns posted in rabbits in need so maybe you could get your rex a friend from there.

Do you have any ideas for names for him/her? :wave:

Again, having thought afterwards, I really should have 2 shouldn't I? The last thing I want is a lonely bunny although it will obviously be a big part of our family:)

Do you think that could work then? A rescue rabbit that is to go with mine obviously after spaying or neutering. Would it matter if the second bunny was smaller than the rex? as they are a fair size, I wouldn't want it to get hurt.

I had a rescue rabbit from the rspca as my first ever rabbit back in 1997 (which is another reason I can't believe I didn't think of one again) got him spayed and got what I thought was a female from a pet shop to acconpany him, turns out mollie was a boy (although we kept his name) and we had to sort another hutch very quick as they did not get on at all!

They were great, but they had a free run of the garden and it was a bit of a hassle letting them out in shifts so they couldn't fight!

a friend would be a good idea. The rescue may help you with bonding and/or selecting a suitable partner.

There are plenty of bunnies of mixed sizes that live together. My female is a kg heavier than the male

Welcome to the forum. I don't think size matters, but if you look on the rabbit rehome website you might be able to find another standard rex anyway. :)

rex3.jpg

Bunny.jpg

tango.jpg

sandy.jpg

Hope that works! Mine is the all orange one, and Dad and Mum are there too.

Back