• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed of Bunny is Patches?? (A little help plz)

I got my bunny about 3 weeks ago, I was told he was a Netherland dwarf. But when comparing him to some pictures of Netherlands I have seen his ears look way bigger. :lol:. Now I could be wrong he may very well be one I am no Rabbit expert, but I did want some other opinions. So if you think he may something else please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Patch.jpg

patch2.jpg

patch3.jpg

I can't help you on the breed (would hazard a guess hes a heinz 57) but can definitely say he is not a netherland dwarf! :D:lol:

I'd say he's definitely got at least a bit of Nethie in him, look at his itty bitty face! :love:
But yeah, the ears would suggest something else mixed in, wouldn't really like to hazard a guess really.. are they always down like that? Maybe a little bit of lop in there?
Crosses are best anyway ;) he's adorable :love: Can I have him? :lol:

Yes I agree his face does look Nethie, but the ears definately aren't!

Very cute anyway :D

I would guess nethy x lop (Magpie), he's lovely. He looks a bit like my Twinkle without the mane!!!:D

Last edited:
Looks like he's trying to be a nethie lop with a bit of harlequin thrown in for good measure!:)

LOL!!! Number one all I can say is you guys are SWIFT! on the replies, Had I gone elsewhere I could have waited for days for an answer. :rolleyes:

Lea-Anne: You know I didn't really think so. :lol: Having has a dwarf when I was younger this boys ears just didn't look right at all.

honeybunny: I agree. He is about 12 weeks as of now.

*Michaela*: I could not give him up as I just crack up watching every lil thing he does. "If he is actually a he?!" Hes so fuzzy I really can't tell. :oops:
Also his ears are hilarious most of the time. One ear is straight up and the other almost fully down. Sometimes the straight one falls a bit but usually not for long. It's like his little antenna I figure he's just searching for a good radio station. :lol:

Woodlouse, Flopsy&JemsMum, *lily* I will let him know you think hes cute. :D

His ears are a bit floppy so I'd say there's lop in there at least. The ears are way too big for a pure nethie at least:roll: Nethie X lop is a slight possibility. I have a mix like that and although her ears are usually standing up, they're a lot softer than her father's (who was nethie) and fall down occasionally.

Thank you everyone for all the help. And don't worry Flopsy&JemsMum & Gingypig I will inflate his little ego a little more with the adorable and gorgeous comments :lol:

Back