PDA

View Full Version : New hutch arrived ... any advice?

Woodlouse
17-03-2008, 10:11 PM
:wave: Our new Ryedale hutch has been delivered this evening :D Haven't unpacked it yet and there's no rush ... seeing as Sienna and Blake didn't bond as expected and are off to spend a week with JD!!

We've had it treated but do, of course, want to everything now to ensure that it stays in good condition for as long as poss (was certainly expensive enough!:lol:). Considering covering the floor with something to make it easier to clean ... any suggestions please?!

BB Mommy
17-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Lots of people recommend using the sticky backed vinyl tiles - stops wee soaking into the wood.:D

Victoria39
17-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I use floor tiles to cover the base of my hutches with - pack of 5 for a quid from the Pound Shop.

Sending loving vibes to the, hopefully, happy couple.

Flopsy&JemsMum
17-03-2008, 10:14 PM
If they are litter trained how about carpet - mine is carpeted and has been since new last June and it doesn't have a wee stain in it. Has a few chewed bits but no smell and doesn't need scrubbing just brushing out.

Woodlouse
17-03-2008, 10:16 PM
If they are litter trained how about carpet

Er .. Sienna is far from litter trained! :lol: That is one of the reasons that she's moving outdoors and getting a boy (and a palace!) of her own!!

Flopsy&JemsMum
17-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Whoops -forget the carpet then:oops::oops:

Indiechic
17-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Im going to get vinyl tiles for mine. my two are well trained, but accidents can and do happen x

Gingypig
17-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Lots of people recommend using the sticky backed vinyl tiles - stops wee soaking into the wood.:D

This is a great idea, i put them in my piggy hutch and it is so easy to clean out and the wood is dry! :D

Woodlouse
18-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys :D At least with Sienna going away for a week we'll have time to get it all sorted ... hopefully to receive her and her new husbun :D

Woodlouse
26-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Have spent the afternoon and early evening covering the hutch floor with vinyl tiles. Looks good, even if I do say so myself :D Am going to do the walls aswell I think - protect from any sprays!!
Sienna and boy bun due home tomorrow .. that's all I'm saying for the moment - watch out for photos!!

Doncat5
26-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Now thats just teasing! :D

Woodlouse
26-03-2008, 10:24 PM

I know! But until I see for myself that they're all settled I'm keeping it quiet!! :lol:

janice
26-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Can you use exterior varnish on the floor and then stick lino tiles down on it. I had some hutches arrive from them on Sunday and I have cut correx to go on the bottoms and then taped them down.

If you rabbits are liable to chew there are metal strips you can put on any bit jutting out.

Woodlouse
27-03-2008, 06:49 PM

Well all is now revealed here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=122467 :D