• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch arrived ... any advice?

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
:wave: Our new Ryedale hutch has been delivered this evening :D Haven't unpacked it yet and there's no rush ... seeing as Sienna and Blake didn't bond as expected and are off to spend a week with JD!!

We've had it treated but do, of course, want to everything now to ensure that it stays in good condition for as long as poss (was certainly expensive enough!:lol:). Considering covering the floor with something to make it easier to clean ... any suggestions please?!

Lots of people recommend using the sticky backed vinyl tiles - stops wee soaking into the wood.:D

I use floor tiles to cover the base of my hutches with - pack of 5 for a quid from the Pound Shop.

Sending loving vibes to the, hopefully, happy couple.

If they are litter trained how about carpet - mine is carpeted and has been since new last June and it doesn't have a wee stain in it. Has a few chewed bits but no smell and doesn't need scrubbing just brushing out.

Thanks for the ideas guys :D At least with Sienna going away for a week we'll have time to get it all sorted ... hopefully to receive her and her new husbun :D

Update 26th March

Have spent the afternoon and early evening covering the hutch floor with vinyl tiles. Looks good, even if I do say so myself :D Am going to do the walls aswell I think - protect from any sprays!!
Sienna and boy bun due home tomorrow .. that's all I'm saying for the moment - watch out for photos!!

Can you use exterior varnish on the floor and then stick lino tiles down on it. I had some hutches arrive from them on Sunday and I have cut correx to go on the bottoms and then taped them down.

If you rabbits are liable to chew there are metal strips you can put on any bit jutting out.

Back