PDA

View Full Version : transport Barnsley to Ipswich

bunnymadhouse
17-03-2008, 09:49 PM
We need to get Milo from Hoyland , Barnsley to Ipswich some toime during the next two weeks if possible .

if need be we could perhaps do the first bit but not sure how far we could go and it would have to be weekend if we were to do it .

can anyone help ?

Pipstrel
17-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I can do part of it from you to wherever. Let me find out where Ipswich is my geography is pants!

bunnymadhouse
17-03-2008, 09:52 PM
mine too :lol::lol:
that would be great ...let me know what bit you could do and when ;)

Pipstrel
17-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok I could do maybe to Nottingham if that's any help? or a bit further if someone can't get all the way to Notts.

And I can do whenever over Easter Weekend except Friday as Mum's b'day. altho might be able to do during the day at a push but def not late afternoon/evening

Helen x

bunnymadhouse
17-03-2008, 09:53 PM
thank you ...we ll see if anyone offers for the next bit :wave:

parsnipbun
17-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I can do any sections that might be needed around the Peterborough/Cambridge/Nearer to Ipswich run.

Do prospective new bun parents have transport to do the last bit into Ipswich or will you need that bit doing?

maisydaisystar
17-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi Milo is coming to live with Tilly (hopefully), My hubby has agreed that he will take me to pick up Milo anywhere roughly (could stretch it a wee bit) an hour away from Ipswich, so Norwich, Cambridge, or thereabouts.
hope we can arrange this everyone x Paula

parsnipbun
18-03-2008, 12:54 AM
ok - so if maisydaisy can get cambridge to ipswich - I can then do the bit from anywhere about an hour or so backm from Cambridge towards the origins -

Looks to me as though its about 120 miles Barnsley to Cambridge so we should be able to split the distance? Thus someone does Barnsely to ? about 60 miles south of Barnsley down A606, then I do there to Cambridge and Maisydaisystar does Cmbridge to Ipswich

Best PM all concerned once the link Barnsley - mtg place with me is made.

Then we can discuss which day we can do.

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Thankyou for your help parsnipbun, is the train station a good meeting place???? I don't as yet know where it is in cambridge, but should be easy to find with route planner? Or if it is easier to come to your house, could do that also, which ever is easiest, any other meeting places you can think of????? other than those???????

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 09:42 AM
ok - so if maisydaisy can get cambridge to ipswich - I can then do the bit from anywhere about an hour or so backm from Cambridge towards the origins -

Looks to me as though its about 120 miles Barnsley to Cambridge so we should be able to split the distance? Thus someone does Barnsely to ? about 60 miles south of Barnsley down A606, then I do there to Cambridge and Maisydaisystar does Cmbridge to Ipswich

Best PM all concerned once the link Barnsley - mtg place with me is made.

Then we can discuss which day we can do.

Erm I really don't know about Grantham so round about there on there on the A1(M)? Don't know if there are any services round there or anything?

Also when is this being planned for?

Helen x

Shell
18-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm in Newark which is on the A1 not far from Grantham. If you do have problems with arranging all this for the same day over the weekend, Milo is welcome to have an overnight stop at mine. :)

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 10:56 AM
thanks for you help everyone, lets hope we can pull it off,can anyone else help please???????

abbymarysmokey
18-03-2008, 11:03 AM
This thread has got me confused :oops: :lol:

If it's any help I could meet Helen (Pipstrel) somewhere on the M1 (say Tibshelf or Trowell services?) and get him over to Shell in Newark...depending on when this is going to happen.

I'm off work next week, but my car needs to go in for servicing...so will need plenty of notice.

Amy

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 11:06 AM
thanks for you help everyone, lets hope we can pull it off,can anyone else help please???????

I thought this was kind of sorted? I pick up from Angie anmd meet Pasrnipbun around Grantham area who then takes bun and meets you in Cambridge? Am I wrong?

bunnymadhouse
18-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Pipstral and parsnip bun if you can agree on somewhere to meet i think this can be sorted ...will just need a day you can all do then .;) and need a meet up place in Cambridge where Milos new mum can meet parsnipbun ....

oohh this bun runs get ne all confused :?

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Pipstral and parsnip bun if you can agree on somewhere to meet i think this can be sorted ...will just need a day you can all do then .;) and need a meet up place in Cambridge where Milos new mum can meet parsnipbun ....

oohh this bun runs get ne all confused :?

Well I can do Friday day time, then Sat, Sun or Mon providing its either early or late so that I don't lose the whole day travelling. And Parsnipbun if you let me know where you want to meet then I'll be there! Just need allow me time to get from Sheffield to Angie's then down to wherever we are meeting.

Helen x

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought this was kind of sorted? I pick up from Angie anmd meet Pasrnipbun around Grantham area who then takes bun and meets you in Cambridge? Am I wrong?

ooops sorry am i getting confused too X

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 01:50 PM
ooops sorry am i getting confused too X

When could you do?

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 01:52 PM
well will have to check with Gaz later, but I think we could be in cambridge sunday afternoon/evening or monday afternoon/evening. will double check with him if thats ok,

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 02:02 PM
well will have to check with Gaz later, but I think we could be in cambridge sunday afternoon/evening or monday afternoon/evening. will double check with him if thats ok,

Thats fine just let me know :)

parsnipbun
18-03-2008, 05:21 PM
OK - just picked up on this. I could do Sunday or Monday - pref. Monday if thats ok.

I would prefer to meet somewhere like a service station as I do not know this area at all.

Pipstrel do you know if there are any services near there we could meet at? (ironically I had to go up near Grantham last weekend!!!).

Maisy Daisy - can you pick up later in the day either of those days?

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I expect Monday will be better for us too, will check with gaz later (not in yet) Later in the day will be fine X

maisydaisystar
18-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Parsnip bun, Yes Monday afternoon is fine for me and Gaz to come to Cambridge, We can do any time you want pm. I do not know Cambridge at all, so I will leave it to you to decide the best place to meet up.
OOOOhhhhhhhh I am so excited.
Is everyone ok for Monday?

Pipstrel
18-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Fine for Monday for me.

I'll have a look where the services are near Grantham on the A1(M) and let you know.

Helen x

bunnymadhouse
18-03-2008, 11:48 PM
oh ..this is looking good :D thank you everyone

maisydaisystar
19-03-2008, 11:06 AM
so are we just waiting on parsnip bun now, to confirm meeting places and times????

Shell
19-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Helen, just to let you know. There are services on Grantham roundabout but they are not accessible without taking a massive diversion through Grantham town centre as there is huge roadworks going on at the roundabout. The alternatives are services at Newark 10 miles north of Grantham or services at Colsterworth roundabout 10 miles south of Grantham :)

Pipstrel
19-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Helen, just to let you know. There are services on Grantham roundabout but they are not accessible without taking a massive diversion through Grantham town centre as there is huge roadworks going on at the roundabout. The alternatives are services at Newark 10 miles north of Grantham or services at Colsterworth roundabout 10 miles south of Grantham :)

Thanks very much!

Parsnipbun which is best for you? And what time should I aim to get there for?

Helen x

parsnipbun
19-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Pipstrel

The AA makes it another 15 miles on to the next services at Newark, and that means I am doing over about 90 miles each way which is just a bit long!!. Whereas if we go to the ones further south (Colsterworth) you have to do 77 miles each way. We could stick to Grantham services if you want as I think its pretty much half way!! ? I am sure I could find my way through Grantham?

Can we say 11.00am? Or did you want earlier?

Tell me whether you want Grantham or Colsterworth.

twigs (PS out at mtg this pm)

parsnipbun
19-03-2008, 01:55 PM
PS The 77 miles was from Barnsley though - and you may be having to do more before you get there??

masked_firefly
19-03-2008, 01:58 PM
cant believe i have just seen this....

Is any help needed?, i live in ipswich?
although i dont drive, if a small journey is needed i can probably persuade boyfriend to help out?!.

Pipstrel
19-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Pipstrel

The AA makes it another 15 miles on to the next services at Newark, and that means I am doing over about 90 miles each way which is just a bit long!!. Whereas if we go to the ones further south (Colsterworth) you have to do 77 miles each way. We could stick to Grantham services if you want as I think its pretty much half way!! ? I am sure I could find my way through Grantham?

Can we say 11.00am? Or did you want earlier?

Tell me whether you want Grantham or Colsterworth.

twigs (PS out at mtg this pm)

Whichever is easiest for you I really don't mind altho would prefer a services on the motorway rather than off as I'm **** at finding my way round motorway junctions :oops: so maybe Colsterworth?

What time?

parsnipbun
19-03-2008, 02:05 PM
colsterworth at 11.00am?

I drive a big yellow 'car': Its a Renault Kangoo so its one of those that is a cross between a small van and a car (like the Citreon Berlingo etc).

The main identifier though is that it is Buttercup yellow colour all over;
and has two 'rabbit welfare' stickers in the back window and a pink dangly rabbit!!

Its quite new (I just say that as odd coloured cars are sometimes old ones that have had a repaint job - so don't be looking out for something old and battered!!).

See you there

PS Maisy Daisy - I will PM you with 'home' directions.

twigs

Pipstrel
19-03-2008, 02:08 PM
colsterworth at 11.00am?

I drive a big yellow 'car': Its a Renault Kangoo so its one of those that is a cross between a small van and a car (like the Citreon Berlingo etc).

The main identifier though is that it is Buttercup yellow colour all over;
and has two 'rabbit welfare' stickers in the back window and a pink dangly rabbit!!

Its quite new (I just say that as odd coloured cars are sometimes old ones that have had a repaint job - so don't be looking out for something old and battered!!).

See you there

PS Maisy Daisy - I will PM you with 'home' directions.

twigs

Ok. I've got an old red pergeot 206. I'll PM you my tel no

maisydaisystar
19-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey guys I can't thankyou enough for your help you have all been great, I am really touched that you can help out, and I think your angels from heaven.

I will wait to hear from you parsnipbun, to arrange pick up from yours,

Thankyou for the offer masked__firefly, but I think we have this covered, I am going to pick up Milo from Parsnipbun in Cambridge.

Am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited, Just been shopping for litter tray, bottle etc: while he is in a seperate hutch from Tilly.

maisydaisystar
19-03-2008, 11:22 PM
ok we are sorted, I pick Milo up from Parsnipbun at 3pm on Monday

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:
I'm getting an easter bunny, soooo happy,