• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Outside tonight after GA?

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Twinkle had a dental this morning, and I have seen her eat hay, drink water and have a little bit of veg. I *think* I have seen her poop in the litter tray too.

Question is, is it safe to put her back outside in her hutch as I think she will be more relaxed there? It is secluded and well wrapped up with tarpaline etc?

yeah sounds like a cosy safe home for her..and she wil relax in a familiar space...just keepp checking on her i reackon?

I would personally keep her in just for tonight...saying that though, it is not to say that she will come to any harm outside. Just thinking I would keep her in to keep a closer eye on her.

TP;)

I would keep her indoors - GA lowers the body temperature so even though she is eating and pooping ok, she won't be able to properly regulate her body temperature until it has all gone through.

Oh i'd have thought she'd be ok if you've seen her eat and poop etc.
Have you got a snugglesafe maybe to pop in with her. Still if not plenty of bedding etc and I'm sure she'll be ok.
Its going to be ok tonight i think. The weekend though is gonna be brrrrr :shock:

Our vet always advised indoors after a GA when we had outdoor bunnies. GA means they find it difficult to get warm and regulate body temp. Supposed to be REALLY cold tonight too ... I'd keep her in. If she has a partner, you could always bring him in too! x

It's going to freeze tonight so best to keep her indoors until her body's able to regulate its temperature.

Great news that she has recovered so quickly, but I'd also say definately indoors tonight else she will be cold because of the GA.

Thank you all - in it is!! :D

I have set up a small dog crate for the two bunnies. Its not huge but ok for a recovering bun overnight.

I will put them outside in the morning if the weather is not too bad. I have turned the heating off indoors tonight so that they dont get too warm.

She seems to be ok, eating hay and veg (not interested in pellets at the mo) and drinking and weeing and pooping. She has lively moments then laying down moments - I suppose that is fairly natural.

Will just be interesting to see if she has a mucky bum after the dental now as that is another thing that I can rule out.

Sounds Great, As Its Important That Bun Dosent Get Stressed Out.the Only Thing Is I Was Told By My Vet After Having My Bun Operated On Was Not To Let Him Out In The Garden For A Week As The Anesethic Lasts Longer In The Bun.hope He Soon Recovers.

Twinkle is well. She was indoors for 24 hours then back outside as being indoors was freaking her out. She is eating/pooing and back to her usual bouncy self - minus the mucky bum (so far) YAY!!!:D

I usually pop them in the garage in a temporary run, but Bobby and Ruby hate it so much - it stresses them!

Back