• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training...

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
I have some questions about litter training I have been trying to train my buns I have done everything recommended to me (put poop and pee'd on bedding into the litter tray) but when they are out playing they keep doing the toilet where they shouldnt be on my floor has anyone got any more advice?? Its driving me batty!! :?

Hi!! :D How long have they been free range for? Perhaps try taking them back a few steps by reducing their free space until they keep going back to use the litter tray each time they need it and increasing it again slowly so they get into the habbit of going back to their tray's each time?

Anni x

They go into a cage at night but when we are at home they are out and about, they seem quite happy and I put down a sheet in case of accidents but they seem to rather peeing on this. Its not the poo as much as the pee. I try to encourage them but I dont have any real way of reducing their space!? What else could I do? Sorry if this seems a bit confused?!

My nethie Tia was trained in her hutch/crate, but spotted wee all over the floor when she was out - I chucked away the carpet in the end :roll:

hmmm that's a toughie. Are they not in their own room or anything which you could confine them to, just for a couple of days and maybe build it back up from there? Perhaps they don't like the litter you use? My bun didn't like the wood pellets and started peeing in a different corner when I first introduced them, but now I cover them with a thin layer of shavings and he's happy as larry.

They can be right little fusspots can't they? :roll: I'm going to try that megazorb that everyone keeps talking about once I've used my current litter up as I think it's safer and less messy than shavings AND cheaper

Is it a cotton-style sheet? perhaps try cutting a section off and placing it into their litter box until they get the idea!

Sorry if not much help, I'm just bouncing off some ideas! :?

hmmm that's a toughie. Are they not in their own room or anything which you could confine them to, just for a couple of days and maybe build it back up from there? Perhaps they don't like the litter you use? My bun didn't like the wood pellets and started peeing in a different corner when I first introduced them, but now I cover them with a thin layer of shavings and he's happy as larry.

They can be right little fusspots can't they? :roll: I'm going to try that megazorb that everyone keeps talking about once I've used my current litter up as I think it's safer and less messy than shavings AND cheaper

Is it a cotton-style sheet? perhaps try cutting a section off and placing it into their litter box until they get the idea!

Sorry if not much help, I'm just bouncing off some ideas! :?

You are being mucho help believe me!! Now I have tried cutting bits out of their last "play rug" and it didnt work... Now as for putting sawdust over the top of the wood pellets, I only have lavender sawdust?? Would that be okay or would it cover the smell of the random articles??

In their house I use this Supreme science stuff would it be worth trying that as they love the make a mess in their bed. They do go in it, but only to dig!! :evil: :censored: Bunnies!! :lol::lol:

Back