• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny eat with you?

JayUK

Mama Doe
:wave:
I'm not sure if this is cos he's a batchelor house bunny, but, regardless of how much he's eaten already, or what ever time we sit down to eat, (which is on the floor, next to his bowl), Bertie will always come and eat with us and has done since day 1.
In the morning, as soon as he hears a spoon in a bowl, he'll leg it through to the lounge and start eating. In the evening, he just has to pick himself up from the floor and hop to it!

I think it's one of the sweetest things he does, and if there's no food left in his bowl when we start eating, he'll nudge his food container until we give him some.
Is this normal, and do other buns normally eat together?

My old house bun used to pee with us :oops:

She had to have a litter tray next to the toilet, and would come charging into the bathroom if she heard anyone...ahem...using the loo :oops: :lol:

Amy

My old house bun used to pee with us :oops:

She had to have a litter tray next to the toilet, and would come charging into the bathroom if she heard anyone...ahem...using the loo :oops: :lol:

Amy

:lol: Same principle, but just doesn't sound quite so endearing :lol:

Lucifer does it; and has done almost from the beginning; when we got her we didn't have a sofa, and we sat down beside her hutch & each evening she would try to eat our food; then start on her own! :roll::lol:

She still does it now, but not as much as she has Nyx to eat with.

Yeah Bunnie does this no matter what we are eating she hops over to her hay and munches and when we have finished she finishes and follows us into kitchen and waits till we finished the washing up!

I made Wayne eat last night at about 1am so she would go eat some hay, as was poorly last week and needs to eat hay more than is now!

She's back to all you can eat hay eating sessions now though!:D

Willow is the same. :D He waits for me to get up and have breakfast then he goes to eat. During the evening he does the same. It's really cute.

My 2nd bunny back in 1999 always sleep with me at the far end of my bed. So when I'm sleeping, she would either lick my face, or stretch out at the edge of my bed and sleep there while I was sleeping.

And speaking of strange behaviour, Bernie is a bit strange. When I hold him while I sleep for an hr., he would let me hold him for that whole hr. None of my other bunnies, past or present, is willing to stay next to me more than 15 min.

My 2nd bunny back in 1999 always sleep with me at the far end of my bed. So when I'm sleeping, she would either lick my face, or stretch out at the edge of my bed and sleep there while I was sleeping.

And speaking of strange behaviour, Bernie is a bit strange. When I hold him while I sleep for an hr., he would let me hold him for that whole hr. None of my other bunnies, past or present, is willing to stay next to me more than 15 min.

I sometimes sleep in Berties room (snoring O/H!) and he sleeps next to my head. I get woken up with either licks or jumping on my head at 6.20, sharp :lol:

Bernie must trust you & love being with you, that's quite a special bun :)

Awww none of mine have ever done that. They have always wanted to eat what I am eating, but then wouldn't settle for their own food. Bertie is a special bun :love:

Awww none of mine have ever done that. They have always wanted to eat what I am eating, but then wouldn't settle for their own food. Bertie is a special bun :love:

They are all special, in so many different ways :D. (but your'e right of course, Bertie is really special ;) :lol::lol:)

Back