• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - damp in shed

redd1800

Warren Scout
Hi

Got 6 foot by 6 wooden shed, and noticing that we have some damp growing along the wooden frame of the window. Also noticed some cardboard (toilet roll tubes etc) gets (mildly) damp after a few days.

What do I do???

Could you try getting one of those things that absorbs the damp. From B&Q type places and have crystals in them, don't know if they are safe for rabbits, obviously you would have to put it out of their reach.

Other than that clean the damp that is already there but have no clue otherwise.

Helen x

with it being wood, aside from varnishing it, there really isn't alot you can do.

make sure its ventalated too x

A few questions?

How much ventilation does the shed have?

Have you windows which you can open to dry it? Are they being opened at the moment?

Have you a solid watertight lid to the shed?

Is the damp coming in from the joins in the wood?

Is the floor lying flat on earth or does it stand on concrete / slabs? If so is it raised off the slabs in places and lets air circulate.

Is the shed stuck under trees and gets little sun?

Is this a very recent thing?

How long have you been using the shed?

I need the window permanently open a crack in my shed - I put flymesh over it - it's very very damp otherwise :(

Back