• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you heard of.......

minirex

Mama Doe
:wave: I was just wondering if any one on here has heard of 'Starlight's Animal Sanctuary Rabbit Rescue'? Apparently they are in Dagenham, Essex.

They have been advertising on Gumtree and Preloved.
Do genuine rescues usually advertise on these sort of sites?

:wave: I was just wondering if any one on here has heard of 'Starlight's Animal Sanctuary Rabbit Rescue'? Apparently they are in Dagenham, Essex.

i wouldn't say a reputable rescue would advertise on those sites tbh x

I don't see a problem with them advertising on freead sites, perhaps they don't know about places like RR, and at the end of the day it's just another way to publicise themselves. As long as they homecheck etc, what difference does it make.

I would imagine that they might to gain publicity and acctually, if somebody was scanning those pages looking for a bun to buy, good on them!!!:D

TP;)

I don't see a problem with them advertising on freead sites, perhaps they don't know about places like RR, and at the end of the day it's just another way to publicise themselves. As long as they homecheck etc, what difference does it make.

I sent them 2 emails asking if they home check, neuter etc. because they have a bunny I am interested in. They didn't bother to get back to me.
The only reason I am asking if people have heard of them is because I don't want to adopt a bunny from someone who is not a genuine rescue.
I am not saying it is a bad thing to advertise!

I sent them 2 emails asking if they home check, neuter etc. because they have a bunny I am interested in. They didn't bother to get back to me.
The only reason I am asking if people have heard of them is because I don't want to adopt a bunny from someone who is not a genuine rescue.
I am not saying it is a bad thing to advertise!

That's fine, but you asked:

so I was answering :)

Why not find out where they are and go and see how they operate?
Or is it that you don't know where they are.
It's usually best to ask some questions face to face Good luck

jasons rescue centre advertised him on free cycle.

The 'rescue center' was really a static shed style building in a car yard, in an industrial estate. Inside it was very very untidy, not like what they show on their website, but the animals seemed happy enough and it didnt look to me like they were not in big enough cages...except for jason.

He was in probably the smallest cage allowable for rabbits, and i doubt he got to go out much at all. His cage just had a bottle and food bowl in it. The woman whom came to let us in had to go and find the key, so it made me wonder how often anyone was there. Basically i am not sure if they are reputable, but i am glad they advertised on freecycle and i saw it :D

Why not find out where they are and go and see how they operate?
Or is it that you don't know where they are.
It's usually best to ask some questions face to face Good luck

:wave: I don't know exactly where they are, the ad just said Dagenham, Essex. I've tried contacting them a few times but still no reply.

Back