• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Simba has a gooey eye

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
When i went in to feed the bunnies last night i noticed Simba didnt quite look right.. his right eye was all gooed up. I brought him downstairs, cleaned it with cooled boiled water and could find nothing in it but goo which i cleaned off. He ate his food fine last night. This morning it was all gooed up again. did the same, still no signs of what could cause it to be gooed.. he even has his eye fully open so im not sure what is wrong. The goo is white and is sort of stringy going between top and bottom eyelid :? Does white goo still mean an eye infection? I remember Fifi needing her tearducts flushing a while back but her eye was fully closed and really red with yellow goo:?

Sounds like conjunctivitis, 2 of mine have had it.

Need some drops/cream from vet to clear it.

We have been to the vets today.. he had his tearduct flushed although they found no blockage there.. he has fucithalmic eye drops twice a day for a week so hopefully that will sort him out :D Thanks

Hopefully they will do the trick! Those were the ones mine were given and it cleared up really quickly.

Squidgy had this a while back and the cream sorted him out no problem.
Hope Simba feels better soon.

Back