• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news and fingers crossed!

shel20

Alpha Buck
Hiye everyone, dont know if u have helped me with any of my threads but if u have thanks! iv been bonding alife and bobby two mini adorable lops for 2 weeks now and have made it to neuter day..tomorrow without any hint of a fight! im so so pleased as i knew if they fought i would have no chance. n well despite lots and lots of fur pulling and mounting by alfie they have had no crossed words...even a bit of grooming and cuddles!! so....hopefully this rather stressful male male bond will work and they will be ok after their hormones have calmed down after neutering tomorrow! so thanks for all ur help...
please send some vibes for the two little darlings for 8.30tomorrow! im worried about them! but they are going together and are hopefully going to recover together so as not to break their bond!...fingers crossed everyone!!

Aww! Vibes))))))

My two boys were bonded for about 2 months before they started to fight (nothing that couldnt be split up) but when they got neitered they were inseperable! If Josh comes up for a cuddle, Drake follows, and if Drake wants a hug, so does Josh...

Sending millions and billions of vibes your way!

Sending lots of vibes.
As long as they are kept warm after the op and start eating they will be fine.
Bowls of water are better than a bottle after the op also keep hay in racks so they don,t affect the wound:D

well the water is already in bowls after both mine refused to use bottles???! well i have hay in the litter and in there bebs and just newpaper on the bottom of their they are house buns and a bit messy with wood chippings?? shall i remove the hay then?? or shall i put soft flooring down for a while even though they will poop n wee all over it (i kinow iv tried!)...but dont mind while they recover?

Lots of good vibes for your little men tomorrow:D
The boys seem to recover quicker that the girls, particularly once they start eating.
As has already been said keep them indoors in the warm post op, and I generally confine them to a small area for the first day, and then give them more space but with no opportunity for jumping up and down things for a few days.
My little boys was done around 3 weeks ago and he was almost back to normal by 11.00pm (i.e eating/pooping/moving around)

Great news so pleased they havnt fought.
When The Benjamin and Oscar were neutered they have newspaper down, dont use woodshavings or any other sought of bedding as it can stick to the wound. Make sure hay is in a rack, and its best just not to worry too much about them. I made mine a warm (not hot) water bottle as all the blood flows to their wound and their ears get cold.

Dont be alarmed if they are very sleepy and not eating much this is normal for the first day or so.

ooh ill get ill prepared tonight...so shall i remove thier little hay houses and stuff...no hay aprt from in a rack?what about the litter as i have hay in there too?? or shall i just put all soft cushions in there and remove all their bits n bobs so its just a nice soft open space in the cages?

ooh ill get ill prepared tonight...so shall i remove thier little hay houses and stuff...no hay aprt from in a rack?what about the litter as i have hay in there too?? or shall i just put all soft cushions in there and remove all their bits n bobs so its just a nice soft open space in the cages?
Yes i would leave a soft open space for 24 hours.I would remove the hay from the litter tray too for 24 hours.

Mine had towels instad of woodshavings etc. They had towels covering the floor, and then they had hay in a rack, water in a bowl and just slept the first day/night/. The next day we let them out (they were in the house) they wern't as playful and happy, but they liked to have a good walk and run around. I would say, treatthem as it they were yu child, and they had just had a big op.

Thats what my mum tod em to do!:)

Back