• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grace pulling her fur out( updated)

jesska

Alpha Buck
there is no possible way she can be pregrent as all the boys are done and she live alone and does not come in contact with no one :?.and is spayed yet i was going to do it in summer in the holidays so i had time to keep an eye on her. soo i walked in late last night and she was pulling all out and this morning she got a nest.. is there anything i should be going? do i leave it or what?
never had this before

Last edited:
How long has she been neutered? Sounds like a phantom pregnancy. Perhaps if she has recently been neutered, the hormones may well still be clanging.

there's been a few bunnies spayed on the forum that still make nests - they do it if some ovarian tissue's been left behind by the vet, as it still produces hormones. When my girls make a nest I just leave it for a couple of weeks and sweep around it - they get upset and make another if you remove it too soon :)

shes not spayed yet... is that right jess?

If so, its likely shes having a phantom, i would get her done asap tbh x

shes not spayed yet... is that right jess?

If so, its likely shes having a phantom, i would get her done asap tbh x

oh that's meant to read 'isn't spayed yet' - it says 'is spayed yet' - yes it'll just be that - my girls have built 2 nests this spring so far - they usually stop around June I think - it's many months since they've made one anyway :)

If she hasnt been in contact with an uneautered male and is un neutered herself then it is just a phantom pregnancy :D

opps sorry everyone no she isnt i was waiting til summer in the holiday so i can plenty of time with her, as its a major op,is this a problem waiting til then though? looks pretty painful her tummy abit red, nah sshe has not been with any boys everyone apart from her is done. lol she the last of the buns can i still wait til summer then or is this something need doing now? :? ohh of course i will leave her nest for her

there is no possible way she can be pregrent as all the boys are done and she live alone and does not come in contact with no one :?.and is spayed yet i was going to do it in summer in the holidays so i had time to keep an eye on her. soo i walked in late last night and she was pulling all out and this morning she got a nest.. is there anything i should be going? do i leave it or what?
never had this before

Even if they have been spated at this time of year they can still get hormonal,my sophie has gone really hormonal and she was spayed about 6 months ago

Back