• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omgg... New Bunny Run Plans...

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Well me and my mum were talking earlier and we aggreed that we should ahve their run like this:

plan.jpg

It would be paved for 10ft then turf for 10ft. The run will be wood, with a small door for entry and the end.

Mum says turf grows quicker and lasts longer, so thats why we are goping to have tyurf laid. The slabs will also be usefull for when they want to sunbathe etc.

Also the hutch is for when they just want to rest- or get out of the cold. But they alwasy have full access to EVERY part of the run!

What do you think?

EDIT- *Sorry it's so big- It was copied off Paint!:lol:

I think it is a lovely large idea if it is to have a mesh lid to keep out predators. With such a large area you may need supports in the middle to keep up a lid on it.

Will you cover some of it with either wood or acyrilic sheeting to protect the buns in the wet weather and keep the hay pile dry?

Yes. Probably at the end with Hay. So to keep the buns dry and the hay. Usually they would go into the playhouse or Hutch- but sometimes they like to get wet??

I think they are really strange buns- Only kidding. I love them!

Be careful about the commercial turf you get as I think some are quite heavily dosed with a growth hormone. I'm not sure if that can be harmful or not..perhaps someone with some knowledge about it will be along soon.:)

Be careful about the commercial turf you get as I think some are quite heavily dosed with a growth hormone. I'm not sure if that can be harmful or not..perhaps someone with some knowledge about it will be along soon.:)

Glad you pointed that out. We are looking to re-turf our grass and build a new run for the buns too.

Jack-Bun - that looks a nice big run that you are planning. Can we see pics when it is done?

Very Spoilt- Lol

Sure I will be like a photographer- taking hundreds of pics. I showed my dad and he was like- Sure! Because he is a scaffolder and builder- so he can do the slabs:)

I am so exited!

Mum says we can make the run 25ft, because the garden is being made longer because the conservatory is moving:)

I cant wait!

erm Jack..you're fairly young aren't you? Shouldn't you be in bed and getting some sleep for school tomorrow:lol:

Lol.... Ye I was in bed- I just couldnt get to sleep;)

Yes. I was thinking about the run, having a de-tachable roof, than had a door/slide in the middle so when we are putting them in fo the night, we can shut the grass part off. Or in the summer, when its nice and warm, they can stay on the slab part at night:)

Back