• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many bunnies is enough??

hooleyslops

Alpha Buck
just wondered really how many buns would be enough for different people. i have a huge garden and work from home so have loads of time to spend with mine and i have always have quite a few buns. my limit is usually 10 (the amount i have now) but it does and has fluctuated.

I have a small garden and work six days a week. Also have two cats and two teenagers, so for me - two is enough.

Two to keep each other company when I am not there.

I have a fairly large garden and work only a few hours a week. I have 4 and I'd love to have a pair of bonded rescued rexes but I know my financial limitations.:)

Think it depends on your circumstances and any other pets you have... I used to have 14, bonded into pairs... but I only worked p/t then and had lots of time too and no dogs to destroy the garden either!! I have 5 now, probably go to 6 once Ben is neutered, so he can have a wife, but that will be it for me.... for a while at least!!! Unless I win the lottery;):lol:

i want hundreds.. but my house isnt big enough and im no a millionaire...
plus with us travelling to scotland frequently i can only fit two in our car with a dog too :(

im happy with two as my maximum and sponsor buns help to ease my concience (sp?) on not helping the thousands out there that need loving homes :D:D

i have four, two single buns as neither seems to like other buns and Benjamin is rather aggressive.plus my pair of rex girls.

i would one day like an agouti or a yellow conti giant doe but i have to wait until our shed has been re-built.

that would be my limit as i have other animals and i want to give them all plenty of attention.

Two is more than enough at the mo, Having to chase round the garden.lol.
Me and my partner work full time, i wish i could spend more time with the two i have.

I have one. My limit would probably be two. I do have big garden but I would feel guilty not being able to spend time with them all.

I have 10, work p/t and have 3 kids. I am close to my limit I think. I love them to bits and would ideally love a bun wife for Alfie and Eddie, so would consider the extra 2, but wouldn't go beyond that as I think my time would be spread too thinly with them. My weekends are dominated by 'bunny activities' and I wouldn't have it any other way, as I get so much enjoyment from it. The work involved doesn't feel like a chore ( except maybe cleaning out and battling with a force 8 :shock:) but I have to be sensible and realistic given my other commitmnents too.:D

Well i startd with one, then said i would bond him, until i took on patch and benji who were going to be "let free" so i thought i would pair the three of them up! got Kizzy turned out Kizzy was a boy, after a coupld of vets saying he was a girl, then we put him in to see if he had been spayed (was a lost bunny) and when they put him under GA and shaved him then realised that she was a he and was already neutered, so that takes me to pair them all up which means 8 bunnies! my limit deffo!!!:rolleyes:

Due to the tiny garden and house and long working hours term time I think my limit would be 2 (bonded pair) outside and one or a bonded pair of house rabbits.

Currently I have one pair and 2 singles outside and a single inside so I'm struggling :?

I have two unbonded boys atm and want to get two girls, but we are moving atm so am going to wait until we are all moved into our new house (which already has the most amazing stables which are going to be a fabby new bunny palace ;)

I have two unbonded boys atm and want to get two girls, but we are moving atm so am going to wait until we are all moved into our new house (which already has the most amazing stables which are going to be a fabby new bunny palace ;)

Wow- Can you imagine that??

I am SOO jealous!

:oops: thanks, I didn't mean it to sound poncy! But the house is nice, but when I saw that outside I was sold! Hubby says I am obsessed :D

Well we have 3 atm, one is a fully fledged house rabbit (blue) and the other two only came on thursday, and the're in a nice two tier hutch in the kitchen, which is not quite finished, OH doesn't want them to live out in the cold!! winston's door is off so he just hops in and out of the bottom hutch atm, and when he's neutered we'll bond him with clover, so they both have free range of the kitchen, OH says we haven't finished on our collection yet!!:lol::lol::lol::roll: not that i am complaining :oops::roll:

I have three, a piar and one single, I would happily take on the work for another pair but I can't till I have more money and more space. I work 45 hours a week and spend another 10 travelling to and from work so 5 would be my absolute limit, finances permitting!

Back